Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Our pass coverage looked a little weak on Saturday. On a lot of 1 on 1 deep routes I noticed their wide receivers were getting separation a few that resulted in some big completions. I’m inclined to think this was because our D was geared up to defend the option, but why did this happen when the corners were singled up? Any thoughts? Sounds like we might not get away with this against the UNA QB in 2 weeks...
    Since they are a running team probably this. They were only 6/11 and 125 yards so I wouldn't be too concerned. UNA was much more balanced against SUU and I would be surprised if we didn't get much closer coverage and two imnterceptions (or if you prefer "picks").
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    Saw it on YouTube. Just do a search

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Did a search again also. I cant find anything either, do you have a link??

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Did a search again also. I cant find anything either, do you have a link??
    Srsly? Pops right up—> https://youtu.be/eiIHZXIE2FQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Srsly? Pops right up—> https://youtu.be/eiIHZXIE2FQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a link to the game. We've been looking for Cal Poly coach's postgame press conference.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

4th quarter long Cofield run. #66 Nash Jensen bulldozing.

Hard to give any legit criticize to a pass defense when you're playing in a blow out. Guys let off, as they should. Once you're up by that much your job is now to play well enough to keep them in check, but most importantly...not get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    4th quarter long Cofield run. #66 Nash Jensen bulldozing.
    Adam Cofield is smoooooth.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    According to the people behind us we have lots to work on. The punt that Grimsley didn't catch really cost us (maybe 15 yards but it was the short line drive that could have easily ended in a fumble and I think we were up 4 scores at the time). Later when it was 42-3 they had a WR break wide open for an easy pitch and catch followed by "Our defense has a lot to work on this week."
    Used to love the guys like this that rotated weekly behind me, never the same 4 people and each week it was their first game, but man could they coach

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Our pass coverage looked a little weak on Saturday. On a lot of 1 on 1 deep routes I noticed their wide receivers were getting separation a few that resulted in some big completions. I’m inclined to think this was because our D was geared up to defend the option, but why did this happen when the corners were singled up? Any thoughts? Sounds like we might not get away with this against the UNA QB in 2 weeks...
    I think you are right, it was scheme related. Our safety, Grimsley, spend a good part of the day lined up at linebacker depth and was making tackles in the backfield, so we purposely left the corners on an island with little support over the top. I am a bit surprised Cal Poly didn't try to throw it more, although when they got in passing situations the defensive line got to the QB pretty quickly.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Used to love the guys like this that rotated weekly behind me, never the same 4 people and each week it was their first game, but man could they coach
    They can officiate too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk