Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why haven't we heard ANY media talk about Saybein?

why isn't he gonna play 4 games before his redshirt? lets see what we got in our 3 Star RB recruit
    Maybe saving his 4 games for later in the season? We currently have enough healthy RBs. Why burn one of his 4 games now on a very limited amount of carries?

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Maybe saving his 4 games for later in the season? We currently have enough healthy RBs. Why burn one of his 4 games now on a very limited amount of carries?

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Yeah. I think keep him in the back pocket. So stacked at RB right now. Best to be judicious with him. It seems like 4 games is a lot. There is so much flexibility here.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was listening the Cal Poly Coaches show this week (its available on their athletic site). Their coach feels NDSU has a good chance to repeat, but.... if on a neutral field with Utah (who played their next opponent Weber State), estimates NDSU would lose by 3 TD's. The media guy disagreed with him.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I was listening the Cal Poly Coaches show this week (its available on their athletic site). Their coach feels NDSU has a good chance to repeat, but.... if on a neutral field with Utah (who played their next opponent Weber State), estimates NDSU would lose by 3 TD's. The media guy disagreed with him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

On a normal day it would take one hell of a football team to beat NDSU by three TD's, let alone Utah, a highly over-rated team every year. Add to that a neutral field!!! something the Bison have never had vs. FBS road wins. Try and get Utah to schedule NDSU on a neutral field, or, even schedule them for that matter.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    On a normal day it would take one hell of a football team to beat NDSU by three TD's, let alone Utah, a highly over-rated team every year. Add to that a neutral field!!! something the Bison have never had vs. FBS road wins. Try and get Utah to schedule NDSU on a neutral field, or, even schedule them for that matter.
    I think we've only lost 2 or 3 games by 3 TD's or more in our FCS history including never against FBS teams. I would gladly place a sizable bet on taking the under if we were 21 pt underdogs to of all teams Utah.

FWIW, Sagarin has Utah favored by 1 point over NDSU on a neutral field. Only the top 4 teams would be favored by 14 or more on neutral field.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why haven't we heard ANY media talk about Saybein?

why isn't he gonna play 4 games before his redshirt? lets see what we got in our 3 Star RB recruit
    Has anyone said he isn't going to play at all this year? If not, there are potentially 14 more games for him to play 4...and lots of carries opening up for next year and beyond.

Cal Poly's coach should be wondering why they are FCS and not D2. Gave up more than 10 yards a carry, that to any team is unacceptable. Its funny he had time to even discuss NDSU vs others when his defense needs coaching

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Cal Poly's coach should be wondering why they are FCS and not D2. Gave up more than 10 yards a carry, that to any team is unacceptable. Its funny he had time to even discuss NDSU vs others when his defense needs coaching
    Fairness in savagery, he also said NDSU would compete yearly for the Mountain West Championship. I also suspect there is a bit of "political correctness" involved. Weber State lost by 31 to Utah. If he came out and said "NDSU is 31 pts better than Weber State" I am sure it gets treated as builtin board material.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.