Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    My favorite part (other than seeing Menard and Marlette kicking ass):

Backup D gets put on the field on fumble at the Bison 7.
    1st down: Hankey and Waege tackle, 2-yard gain
    2nd down: Waege destroys the QB for a 3-yard loss
    3rd down: Alo hurries the QB into an incompletion
    4th down: McCormick sack

1st and goal at the Bison 7, turns into a turnover on downs at the Bison 13.

Backup D has bragging rights.
    Excellent point made!

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    So i went and looked at some of the replays of the supposed WR burning the D and just focusing on the long completions

There is literally 1 play were the CalPoly WR gets this "good" separation on the first team defense. and that was the deep post pattern in a 1v1 situation with no safety help.

I repeat....... 1 play ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not perfect and thus not acceptable. In spite of my disclaimer, this is in the deepest purple possible. I am guessing at least two interceptions, aka picks against UNA.
    Yeah, and then I explained above that it was really only the one play that bothered me, that one. Your points are well-taken and I am clearly overreacting to one play. Cheers and Go Bison, fellas.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Defensive and Offensive lines were just plain dominant. There was a pancake block it seemed on most runs. How many good D ends do we have? Stanley Jones really impressed. How about G. Menard. He looks like he has gained about 20-25 pounds but is just as quick. Dan Marlette and Hankey played outstanding. They were fun to watch!

Team speed is unreal. IMO the quickest team we have ever had at all positions. We are loaded for years to come. Things we will need next year. A bigger RB like #8 and a new QB. Other than that we are set!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    The Defensive and Offensive lines were just plain dominant. There was a pancake block it seemed on most runs. How many good D ends do we have? Stanley Jones really impressed. How about G. Menard. He looks like he has gained about 20-25 pounds but is just as quick. Dan Marlette and Hankey played outstanding. They were fun to watch!

Team speed is unreal. IMO the quickest team we have ever had at all positions. We are loaded for years to come. Things we will need next year. A bigger RB like #8 and a new QB. Other than that we are set!
    We have those already in Saybien Clark and Trey Lance.

Speaking of Greg, when running down the ball carrier, I get the impression they see this coming at them:

Hail the BISON!!!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree with CM on this, Saybein Clark is a dude already. 6'1" and over 200lbs (IIRC) without double checking.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

The core of the team is set up to continue their dominance. Just need a few key skill players to step up next year. Clark and Lance would be two that I hope live up to the hype.

Clark looks like he is in the NFL already. I watched him practice and couldn't believe he was a true freshman. He appears to be what we expected. Feature back material.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Clark looks like he is in the NFL already. I watched him practice and couldn't believe he was a true freshman. He appears to be what we expected. Feature back material.
    I said it before and I'll say it again - he reminds me a lot of David Johnson.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Listening to Bison1660 today and they said that NDSU is only the second team to hold Cal Poly to under 100 yards rushing in the last 14 years... I'm not sure what the significance of 14 years is as Walsh is starting his 10th season and I have Ellerson their coach for 8 seasons before that.

Anyway, what I didn't catch was the name of the other team who held them to under 100 yards. Anybody catch that?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again - he reminds me a lot of David Johnson.
    you said the same thing about Purifoy.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"