Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome metal detector thread

Default Re: Dome metal detector thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    In my view, if people wait until 2 that becomes a personal problerm.
    Wonder if walking to the East side would help?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wonder if walking to the East side would help?
    This whole thing is probably going to be trial and error.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

We usually go in an hour early. But I think we will try the south end this game and see how it goes.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I usually go in the East side. I usually just pay to park in the East lot and meet up with the group I tailgate with. Then usually have a few things to drop off at the car before going in. It'll definitely be interesting to see how these detectors affect things. Eventually we'll all have it down to an art but it could take awhile before that happens.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

They have used metal detectors at Target Field since it opened. It is probably standard procedure across the country now at major venues. I doubt this will be much of an issue unless everyone in the west lot attempts to enter through the west doors.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I usually go in the East side. I usually just pay to park in the East lot and meet up with the group I tailgate with. Then usually have a few things to drop off at the car before going in. It'll definitely be interesting to see how these detectors affect things. Eventually we'll all have it down to an art but it could take awhile before that happens.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Same thing we always do.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not to mention, everyone will head in at 2; good luck with that.
    Yep, exactly my point. They'll get 18k through by kickoff if every line is full from the point the doors open until 2:30. We all know that won't be the case so I'm guessing it's going to get ugly for these first few games with several thousand fans missing a good chunk of the 1st quarter. Like has been said though everyone should know about this added time this year so it's on you if you don't take the extra time to get in. Personally, I think I'm going to enjoy the tailgate weather until 2 like I normally do and just live with missing the first few minutes of the game (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, exactly my point. They'll get 18k through by kickoff if every line is full from the point the doors open until 2:30. We all know that won't be the case so I'm guessing it's going to get ugly for these first few games with several thousand fans missing a good chunk of the 1st quarter. Like has been said though everyone should know about this added time this year so it's on you if you don't take the extra time to get in. Personally, I think I'm going to enjoy the tailgate weather until 2 like I normally do and just live with missing the first few minutes of the game (hopefully).
    I'd say in your case, quick walk to the east will be wise.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Metal detectors at the tin shed in GF last night, not much of a delay.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Metal detectors at the tin shed in GF last night, not much of a delay.
    Both people got through okay?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)