Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FBS Scores/Updates

Default Re: 2018 FBS Scores/Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I was with you until you mentioned Georgia. With so few spots, IMO if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be eligible for the playoff. Georgia already had their chance, give it to somebody else.
    If Georgia had beaten Alabama in the SEC Championship Game, I have little doubt both are in the CFP. Oklahoma would have been on the outside looking in. Also have to remember that Alabama has won the National Championship twice recently (2010 and 2017) without even playing in the SEC Championship Game.

If the CFP expands, I would expect a few non conference winners in the bracket each year. G5 teams will still struggle to get respect.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    or go to 8

Auto Bid - SEC, ACC, PAC-12, B1G, BIG 12

At large - 1 G5 if undefeated, 2 P5 or 3 P5 if no G5 qualifies
    i mean yea that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If Georgia had beaten Alabama in the SEC Championship Game, I have little doubt both are in the CFP. Oklahoma would have been on the outside looking in. Also have to remember that Alabama has won the National Championship twice recently (2010 and 2017) without even playing in the SEC Championship Game.

If the CFP expands, I would expect a few non conference winners in the bracket each year. G5 teams will still struggle to get respect.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    yep..1 Clemson, 2 Georgia 3 UND 4 Bama. the old "who had the better loss" argument comes with Ohio St, OU and Bama, with Bama losing to another playoff team getting the nod

The opening line has Bama at -6.5.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I was with you until you mentioned Georgia. With so few spots, IMO if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be eligible for the playoff. Georgia already had their chance, give it to somebody else.
    Bama won it last year without winning the SEC

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    That doesn't change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They literally got a bye into the playoffs by losing while Auburn and Georgia has to duke it out for a playoff spot.

Hail the BISON!!!

Watching Okie State vs Mizzou. Chuba Hubbard reminds me of Seth Wilson

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Can we all agree the fbs needs a real playoff like fcs? It would be awesome.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Can we all agree the fbs needs a real playoff like fcs? It would be awesome.

We could watch the FBS UND get bounced in the first round!