Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: 2018 FBS Scores/Updates

Default Re: 2018 FBS Scores/Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Navy isn't independent. Liberty, Army, and Air Force aren't going 12-0 against schedules like you see below either.

They play 5 ACC's annually.
    They play USC, Navy, and Stanford annually.

^Consider this their conference schedule. This never changes. These 8 games are locked in.

They play a marquee home/home annually against a big dog (Michigan, Georgia, Texas, A&M, Alabama, Ohio State, are all on future schedules) and then they usually play a couple pud teams that are either G5 or low-mid level P5 schools.

Do they get treated differently? I suppose, but nobody in their right mind is going to compare them with Liberty, Army, or Air Force.

They are contractually obligated to join the ACC in the event they give up their football independence. I hope they don't give it up. Then they switch to 8 ACC games, and that leaves only 4 games to try to fit in USC, Stanford, Navy, big home-home or neutral site game, and the typical G5 cupcake games. I don't see how that would really improve their schedule most seasons.
    The USAFA isn't an independent either. They're literally across I-25 from their conference (Mountain West) headquarters in the northern part of Colorado Springs: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...4d-104.8050561
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Navy isn't independent. Liberty, Army, and Air Force aren't going 12-0 against schedules like you see below either.

They play 5 ACC's annually.
    They play USC, Navy, and Stanford annually.

^Consider this their conference schedule. This never changes. These 8 games are locked in.

They play a marquee home/home annually against a big dog (Michigan, Georgia, Texas, A&M, Alabama, Ohio State, are all on future schedules) and then they usually play a couple pud teams that are either G5 or low-mid level P5 schools.

Do they get treated differently? I suppose, but nobody in their right mind is going to compare them with Liberty, Army, or Air Force.

They are contractually obligated to join the ACC in the event they give up their football independence. I hope they don't give it up. Then they switch to 8 ACC games, and that leaves only 4 games to try to fit in USC, Stanford, Navy, big home-home or neutral site game, and the typical G5 cupcake games. I don't see how that would really improve their schedule most seasons.
    My point stands...They don’t deserve to be treated differently because they were great 30 years ago...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    My point stands...They don’t deserve to be treated differently because they were great 30 years ago...
    How did they get treated differently? They are a P5 school that went 12-0. The way the system is set up now, they would have a hard time getting in without going undefeated.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    Dumb and inaccurate stereotype
    I don't believe for one second they spent one week on Notre Dame. Only some stupid small outlets I've never heard of said it.
    College of Business Alumnus