Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Phil Ostlie

Default RIP Phil Ostlie

Great guy, hard-nosed TE from Moorhead. Had some big battles with him as OLB in practice. If there was anyone who represented “Once a Bison, Always a Bison” more than Phil, I’m gonna need some convincing.

I have no details other than he passed away last night, and details really don’t matter.

I had some great conversations with him the last couple of years at tailgate, as he was a member of Chad Stark’s crew directly across from TOHBTC. He had ambitions to take over for Pat Simmers once Pat decided to retire.

RIP indeed my friend Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: RIP Phil Ostlie

RIP Phil ...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Sorry to hear this. Rest in peace.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Great guy, hard-nosed TE from Moorhead. Had some big battles with him as OLB in practice. If there was anyone who represented “Once a Bison, Always a Bison” more than Phil, I’m gonna need some convincing.

I have no details other than he passed away last night, and details really don’t matter.

I had some great conversations with him the last couple of years at tailgate, as he was a member of Chad Stark’s crew directly across from TOHBTC. He had ambitions to take over for Pat Simmers once Pat decided to retire.

RIP indeed my friend Phil.

Trying to place that name with the face.
    RIP
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

RIP Phil. Enjoyed watching him play.

Sad news. My condolences to the family & friends.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Trying to place that name with the face.
    RIP
    Here's a picture. His daughter attended Air Force a few years back.

Phil embodied Bison pride and was an awesome guy, the type of guy you're proud to know.

His wife and daughters are obviously in extreme pain and could use all of your prayers. RIP Phil.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    Here's a picture. His daughter attended Air Force a few years back.

Phil embodied Bison pride and was an awesome guy, the type of guy you're proud to know.

His wife and daughters are obviously in extreme pain and could use all of your prayers. RIP Phil.
    Oh sure Ive met him a couple of times. Damn. Way to young.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Sorry about your loss my friend!