Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating has been expanded!!!!!

Default Re: Tailgating has been expanded!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    This is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time! I am excited to see how early people need to line up to get a spot.
    I don't think the line up will change all that much. People will still want to be in the "main" lot. But this should alleviate the howling(myself included) about the possibility of turning some folks away as well as having about the closest possible location as overflow. Good stuff. I would all but guarantee that next year the entire main lot will be reserved and this will end up being the GA lot(I've heard some tweeting).

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I don't think the line up will change all that much. People will still want to be in the "main" lot. But this should alleviate the howling(myself included) about the possibility of turning some folks away as well as having about the closest possible location as overflow. Good stuff. I would all but guarantee that next year the entire main lot will be reserved and this will end up being the GA lot(I've heard some tweeting).
    NQ is only about 100 spaces. The south half of G has to be much bigger than that? If NQ was the only general admission, it would hardly be worth lining up. It would be full with 30 or 40 units, if each one took 2 or 4 spaces.

Excellent news to start game week!! Didn’t realize they paved a lit over there. Its not that big of a lot, but every little bit helps. See you in the west lots in 5 days!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    NQ is only about 100 spaces. The south half of G has to be much bigger than that? If NQ was the only general admission, it would hardly be worth lining up. It would be full with 30 or 40 units, if each one took 2 or 4 spaces.
    That may be but I know what I have been told and what I have heard and I would be 100% shocked if all of G is not reserved next year. Now, will they find more GA than NQ? Possibly.

It is really hard to say. You reserve all of G lot, and to some degree, GA demand should decrease. With that said, you get more "dead space" when all is reserved even with the new pass system.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It is really hard to say. You reserve all of G lot, and to some degree, GA demand should decrease. With that said, you get more "dead space" when all is reserved even with the new pass system.
    Why don't they sell reserved spots in the east lot for those who want close up parking spots. There are many empty spots in the west lot up until an hour before kickoff. Those people don't come to tailgate.

I'm pretty sure they nibbled a bit of GA out of the G lot either this year or last. This year's parking map says 31 spots per row will be reserved. According to the satellite view, that number used to be 27. I'm assuming the reserved section originally ended at the marked off spots on the satellite image. If they've always gone past that point, then never mind.

The lot is set up with 56 spots per center row. The markings from north to south were 27, a striped spot, then 28. The totals are:

Full south G lot(including striped): 525
    South G minus striped: 516
    GA assuming striped are boundary and not sold: 254 or 255
    GA assuming 31 spots for reserved: 227 or 235 depending on how striped spots are handled

I suspect they took about 25 spots away from GA this year in the G lot, but added about 100 with the NQ lot. Net gain of around 75. Total GA of about 330 spots this year. But that's a guess.

I believe they said last year that G south was 500 spots when they moved half of those (~250 spots) from GA to reserved. So adding NQ doesn't get the GA lot back to the size it was, in terms of spots, before they transitioned those spaces to reserved last year.

To me that doesn't make a big difference though. In my mind the important thing is they're allowing another lot/area to have tailgating with alcohol. Like someone said early it's baby steps and if things go well there it can hopefully expand further when necessary for early season games. So even if this was a baby step it was an important one.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That may be but I know what I have been told and what I have heard and I would be 100% shocked if all of G is not reserved next year. Now, will they find more GA than NQ? Possibly.
    You are probably right. The only thing that disappoints me about making such a large a percentage of tailgating spots reserved is when they don't get used. There are many people who just can't tailgate every home game because of other commitments. It's nice to see the lots full.

The NQ lot was constructed in the summer of 2017. Only a portion of it has been built. The plans are to have it extend farther to the west to where the entrance to the softball fields is located. In other words use all of the land that used to be the northeast softball field. I thought the plan was to finish it this summer, but that obviously didn't happen. So maybe next year when they complete the softball improvements?

They also use this lot for $3 parking during Redhawks games. There is a new sidewalk which leads directly to the baseball stadium from the parking lot.

533 In a row