Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating has been expanded!!!!!

Default Re: Tailgating has been expanded!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    To me that doesn't make a big difference though. In my mind the important thing is they're allowing another lot/area to have tailgating with alcohol.
    Quoted for truth. This is a HUGE step. If all goes well, and folks aren't idiots (which they won't be), this should go easier in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The NQ lot was constructed in the summer of 2017. Only a portion of it has been built. The plans are to have it extend farther to the west to where the entrance to the softball fields is located. In other words use all of the land that used to be the northeast softball field. I thought the plan was to finish it this summer, but that obviously didn't happen. So maybe next year when they complete the softball improvements?

They also use this lot for $3 parking during Redhawks games. There is a new sidewalk which leads directly to the baseball stadium from the parking lot.
    If they use the whole NE field, that's almost the exact same size as the GA section of G lot. They both are about 280ft x 280ft.

It's nice to see all the positive comments over this small expansion of tailgating. Some people complained for a long time and took some grief from others, but when actions were finally taken it's good to see how appreciative everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's nice to see all the positive comments over this small expansion of tailgating. Some people complained for a long time and took some grief from others, but when actions were finally taken it's good to see how appreciative everyone is.
    It doesnt impact me personally since I have reserved spots, but I remember the first time the tailgating lot was sold out, it was a huge buzz kill. You don't want to do that with your fans when there are other options. Props to NDSU for making it happen. It will look cool having another lot packed for those early season games. May even make a few bucks charging for parking

But I really hope the word gets out. I'm convinced that people being turned away last year lead to some tailgaters giving up (similar to the ticket situation)

And they still need to start letting people in 5-10 minutes early because the process is getting slower every year. A few years ago it took 15 minutes. Now its 25 when full.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am probably way too far down the priority list but, if I could secure reserved spots every week, I would very likely make regular trips for home games. This is a great first step in that direction. Thanks NDSU!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Does anyone know if the overflow lot was used?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Does anyone know if the overflow lot was used?

We arrived about 1:00 and parked there for $10. Lots of open spots and only saw one person sitting in a chair listening to the radio pregame show. We just walked around the main west lot for a bit before going in.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    We arrived about 1:00 and parked there for $10. Lots of open spots and only saw one person sitting in a chair listening to the radio pregame show. We just walked around the main west lot for a bit before going in.
    Sounds...fun...

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Did you park there because it was sold out or did you just choose to go there?

A friend of our left at halftime and went to drink in the parking lot and didn't get hassled at all. They also we'rent riding us to pack up too quickly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯