Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potential Future Opponents

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Potential Future Opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Fat, just say fat. I remember comparing O lines and theirs all had guts hanging out of their jerseys.
    Yes, that is the word for it.

I remember the FCS championship we played them and getting a text from my dad saying "they look chunky."
    The fella that watches the CFL

After the JSU championship game, I chatted with a few JSU fans at Tight Ends. They were "flab"bergasted at our DLine. "Damn, those guys are big, but there ain't no fat on 'em".
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Then, the hero sports guy after the game still tried to say those teams are good; couldn't figure out what he watched. I like him, but that really damages you credibility.
    JSU won't be that good, but their schedule is pathetic and they probably will still get a high seed.
    https://jsugamecocksports.com/schedu...?path=football
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I watched the first several minutes and there were a few blatant personal fouls that made JSU look bad.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I want NDSU to play Alabama. Wow, Alabama sure picks some loser FCS teams to kick around. Don't understand why, but last night ESPNU was rebroadcasting the Alabama - Mercer game from the end of last season. Alabama won 56-0. Why would they even show that game again?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I want NDSU to play Alabama. Wow, Alabama sure picks some loser FCS teams to kick around. Don't understand why, but last night ESPNU was rebroadcasting the Alabama - Mercer game from the end of last season. Alabama won 56-0. Why would they even show that game again?
    It would be nice to see how we stack up against "the best." I honestly have no idea what to expect in a game against an opponent like that.

...feels like we've had this conversation before...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Oregon is on the upswing, if I'm reading the news correctly. Hopefully they're T25 rated when we play them in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It would be nice to see how we stack up against "the best." I honestly have no idea what to expect in a game against an opponent like that.

...feels like we've had this conversation before...
    There's only been two times since they established themselves in D1 that I expected NDSU to get hammered and lose by 3 scores or more; against Minnesota in 2006 and against Iowa in 2016. Both times they greatly exceeded my expectations. I'd expect them to lose by 20-30 points to Bama so.... maybe there's a chance..... [insert Lloyd Christmas image here]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There's only been two times since they established themselves in D1 that I expected NDSU to get hammered and lose by 3 scores or more; against Minnesota in 2006 and against Iowa in 2016. Both times they greatly exceeded my expectations. I'd expect them to lose by 20-30 points to Bama so.... maybe there's a chance..... [insert Lloyd Christmas image here]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think there is a chance we would lose by less than 20-30.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix