Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FCS Kickoff Saturday

Default Re: FCS Kickoff Saturday

When is the last time JSU even beat an FCS playoff team? It was a nice a win but this a bit much..HBCU fans are desperate to be respected....If only the FCS had some kind of tournament that would give them what they crave.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    When is the last time JSU even beat an FCS playoff team? It was a nice a win but this a bit much..HBCU fans are desperate to be respected....If only the FCS had some kind of tournament that would give them what they crave.
    I know nothing about HBCU teams but do they regularly schedule Socon, CAA, Southland teams? If they want to see how they match up challenge their teams to schedule that way and the MVFC even

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I know nothing about HBCU teams but do they regularly schedule Socon, CAA, Southland teams? If they want to see how they match up challenge their teams to schedule that way and the MVFC even
    It's pretty rare for the CAA and SOCON it seems. The SWAC plays quite a bit of games with the Southland. The MEAC seems to play a fair amount of Big South teams since that conference only has had 6 or 7 teams in it over the last few years so they always need OOC games. Other than that they all play an FBS game or 2 and they sprinkle in more D2s than the average conference it seems so it doesn't leave a lot of room for good OOC games within the FCS. A&T scheduling Jacksonville St was a good thing and a good win for them regardless of how ugly it was. Hopefully it leads to more top MEAC and SWAC teams scheduling good teams from other FCS conferences.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's pretty rare for the CAA and SOCON it seems. The SWAC plays quite a bit of games with the Southland. The MEAC seems to play a fair amount of Big South teams since that conference only has had 6 or 7 teams in it over the last few years so they always need OOC games. Other than that they all play an FBS game or 2 and they sprinkle in more D2s than the average conference it seems so it doesn't leave a lot of room for good OOC games within the FCS. A&T scheduling Jacksonville St was a good thing and a good win for them regardless of how ugly it was. Hopefully it leads to more top MEAC and SWAC teams scheduling good teams from other FCS conferences.
    Thanks, then they have nothing to complain about if they don't get respect

This was posted on AGS but I figured some on here might get a kick out of it: Why North Carolina A&T might be the best team in the FCS
    Let's add this to the pile for discussion:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...f-classic-ajaj

"Yes, there were penalties, but doesn't it always seem like that happens in season openers?"

No... I have never seen that many personal foul penalties in a game regardless if it was a season opener or not. Not even close. It was comical. An embarrassment. If they Bison even commit that many bone head personal fouls in a game I would be irate. Dom Davis had one last year that I remember being angry about. ONE.

Also the poor offensive play wasn't a result of the quality of the defenses. It was just bad. So many unpressured over/under thrown balls for just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Let's add this to the pile for discussion:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...f-classic-ajaj
    I found the right pile:

This was posted on AGS but I figured some on here might get a kick out of it: Why North Carolina A&T might be the best team in the FCS
    Hail the BISON!!!