Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Default Re: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So 7% drop?
    7.2%...with the 3.8% drop last year, that's 11% over two years...

When does the university typically release the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    When does the university typically release the numbers?

4th week numbers (20th class day) are the official ones...should get unofficial week 1 numbers sometime this week...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Another El Chapo Prediction:

Down almost 1000.

My Pitchfork is Sharpened & ready to go.
    I'm going to predict down 500. But when your at a decade low, that's actually pretty substantial hit for a university that made it a goal to hit 20k. Instead we're trending towards the D2 days

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Facing budget cuts and hiring freezes along with skyrocketing tuition from dwindling state support. I can see how hard it is to keep a growth trajectory.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    El Chapo don't do math.
    We already knew this from your budget and attendance and beer sales and FBS and etc, etc, etc projections.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quick side trip into K-12 enrollments before the higher-ed numbers come out...

West Fargo's K-12 enrollment came in just 12 students fewer than Fargo's this year, and will almost certainly be larger next year by at least a couple hundred. That's just mind-blowing to me.

Top 5 school districts by size appear to be:
    1. Bismarck - 13,312
    2. Fargo - 11,513
    3. West Fargo - 11,501
    4. Minot - 7,730
    5. Grand Forks - 7,450(est)

So Bismarck is technically the largest, but the Fargo districts are larger by almost 10k if you look at them together. I know it's a long, long ways away, but I wonder if the WF & F districts will ever combine to simplify the mess of city limits, tax boundaries, and school district boundaries? There are still significant culture differences between the city and school leaderships in F & WF, but I wonder if those differences will slowly disappear in the coming decade or two?

No.....................

Had an interesting conversation with a parent who's college bound student went for a tour of Ndsu. Unfortunately, the young (student) Ndsu tour guide wanted to talk about the football program 24-7. (Now for you & I, this would be fine but for this prospective student... she wanted to hear about academics and college life. Then it got a bit worse, when the young Ndsu tour guide wanted to show her the pigs... (this prospective student was not interested!) Needless to say, the prospective student did not choose Ndsu.
    Sounds to me as tho the "tour guides" need to be educated to focus on the interests of the prospective students, rather than their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Had an interesting conversation with a parent who's college bound student went for a tour of Ndsu. Unfortunately, the young (student) Ndsu tour guide wanted to talk about the football program 24-7. (Now for you & I, this would be fine but for this prospective student... she wanted to hear about academics and college life. Then it got a bit worse, when the young Ndsu tour guide wanted to show her the pigs... (this prospective student was not interested!) Needless to say, the prospective student did not choose Ndsu.
    Sounds to me as tho the "tour guides" need to be educated to focus on the interests of the prospective students, rather than their own interests.
    Yeah that’s not good. Did the prospect select a destination yet? Did the prospect offer feedback to the university in some way so that they are made aware of this disconnect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.