Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Default Re: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Are you sure those still exist? NDSU has spent millions upgrading bathrooms in all of the older dorms.
    As of 2011, Reed-Johnson still had communal bathrooms. I dont know how they could really do it any other way considering the layout?

Stockbridge had just gotten a facelift at that time and they still had communal bathrooms too.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    As of 2011, Reed-Johnson still had communal bathrooms. I dont know how they could really do it any other way considering the layout?

Stockbridge had just gotten a facelift at that time and they still had communal bathrooms too.
    That reminds me. I had a planter wart finally come off the other day.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    That reminds me. I had a planter wart finally come off the other day.
    Just in time for a harvester wart to take its rightful place.

My one year at Johnson I didn't really mind the "communal" bathroom. Showers were all stalls (this was 1998) but most dressed/undressed (I just went in my shorts and undies though) in the area before the showers, so it wasn't like HS locker rooms back in the 70/80/90s where it was just all open (which again for me didn't bother me guess I was comfortable with who I was and who I was around).

I'd say at Johnson those showers had been like that probably 10-15 years before I got there. Not sure what new layout they went to as Road indicated they remodeled these a handful of years ago now.

I've seen an actual article that VCSU went up in enrollment (highest ever) and a very recent tweet that Mayville State hit their highest ever as well. Maybe some of these really small schools are siphoning a few off of NDSU/UND. I think cost may be a factor as I've heard a few parents talking about even NDSUs cost vs Mayville (so presumably would be similar to VCSU/DSU/MiSU) and the significant difference there. But that is a national problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'd say at Johnson those showers had been like that probably 10-15 years before I got there. Not sure what new layout they went to as Road indicated they remodeled these a handful of years ago now.
    Are we sure this was a remodel and not just some non-routine maintenance (NSFW)?
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

I've seen an actual article that VCSU went up in enrollment (highest ever) and a very recent tweet that Mayville State hit their highest ever as well. Maybe some of these really small schools are siphoning a few off of NDSU/UND. I think cost may be a factor as I've heard a few parents talking about even NDSUs cost vs Mayville (so presumably would be similar to VCSU/DSU/MiSU) and the significant difference there. But that is a national problem as well.
    VCSU's numbers include the dual degree program in elementary education that is delivered at NDSU (El ed degree from VCSU, HDFS degree from NDSU)....there's probably at least 500 students in that program, and the numbers have been going up.

This tidbit from a UND Q&A with a GF Chamber committee back in August explains a bit about Mayville(and probably VCSU):

A committee member asked how many students take online courses at UND.

“Online courses are tailored to meet the needs of students,” said Shivers. “They are demanding it. Nearly half of our students have taken an online course.”

Regarding online-only students, Shivers said Mayville State University has the highest rate in North Dakota, with about 40 percent of enrollees taking courses exclusively online. UND has about 21 percent of online-only students, while NDSU has 4 percent.
    http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2019/...ng-the-future/