Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Default Re: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Maybe it's time to consolidate and trim some fat?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

How dare you!! You know that there can never be any fat when it comes to education.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I’d be curious to know what the sum total salary of all NDUS administrators and their staff is. Leave out the Tech schools. It would be good to compare this number with national averages

I’d also be curious to know what fraction of each school's enrollment is online, if anybody has this information.

The problem at NDSU is that much of the trimming was directed at faculty and programs, as opposed to the administrative bloat that has been rampant during the 'DB era'.

Oh, and btw, it’s pretty obvious that FCC still has a deep, deep anti-NDSU bias. Anyone who can't see that is a fool. But with actual leadership in place, NDSU is still very well positioned. I'd never live in GF and I'd never commute there from Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I’d be curious to know what the sum total salary of all NDUS administrators and their staff is. Leave out the Tech schools. It would be good to compare this number with national averages

I’d also be curious to know what fraction of each school's enrollment is online, if anybody has this information.

The problem at NDSU is that much of the trimming was directed at faculty and programs, as opposed to the administrative bloat that has been rampant during the 'DB era'.

Oh, and btw, it’s pretty obvious that FCC still has a deep, deep anti-NDSU bias. Anyone who can't see that is a fool. But with actual leadership in place, NDSU is still very well positioned. I'd never live in GF and I'd never commute there from Fargo
    What does Grand Forks commuting have to do with NDSU?
    College of Business Alumnus

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My son toured/visted 10 schools.

Valpo/Drake/St. Thomas/ St. Johns 50-60k a year, 25 to 20k a year after scholarships, awards, school aid.

Concordia- 48k, 25k after aid. Same cost to slightly higher than St. Johns.

Augustana/Jamestown- 30k, 12k

NDSU, MSUM,- 20k, 9-11k after scholarships.

Nine schools and for the most part all of them did an excellent job with campus visits. Very much treated my son as a potential customer or client. In some cases, him enrolling at a particular school is a potential $200k customer or account.

Ulitmately he decided on NDSU. Was between NDSU and St. Johns. His rationale became ultimate cost. His question to me is an accounting degree from SJU worth more than NDSU. I said no, the only difference would be the network you may establish at SJU. He decided to save the 40k over 4 years and enrolled at NDSU.

At orientation last summer, every thing about the day for student and parents was the university wanting to help the student succeed. It was very evident that NDSU wants the student to be comfortable as well as the parents. They want them to have a good experience. It is very clear why. A happy student is an asset. They may have siblings, so if current student does well, the siblings may follow. Additionally, they have a future alumni.

At least with my experience the university has gone above and beyond to attach the student to the school.

good to know Kabl1one
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    My son toured/visted 10 schools.

Valpo/Drake/St. Thomas/ St. Johns 50-60k a year, 25 to 20k a year after scholarships, awards, school aid.

Concordia- 48k, 25k after aid. Same cost to slightly higher than St. Johns.

Augustana/Jamestown- 30k, 12k

NDSU, MSUM,- 20k, 9-11k after scholarships.

Nine schools and for the most part all of them did an excellent job with campus visits. Very much treated my son as a potential customer or client. In some cases, him enrolling at a particular school is a potential $200k customer or account.

Ulitmately he decided on NDSU. Was between NDSU and St. Johns. His rationale became ultimate cost. His question to me is an accounting degree from SJU worth more than NDSU. I said no, the only difference would be the network you may establish at SJU. He decided to save the 40k over 4 years and enrolled at NDSU.

At orientation last summer, every thing about the day for student and parents was the university wanting to help the student succeed. It was very evident that NDSU wants the student to be comfortable as well as the parents. They want them to have a good experience. It is very clear why. A happy student is an asset. They may have siblings, so if current student does well, the siblings may follow. Additionally, they have a future alumni.

At least with my experience the university has gone above and beyond to attach the student to the school.
    Youve got a smart kid. Not because he chose NDSU but because he asked the right questions.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    someone can start a 2019 thread.

but here's my prediction.

Lower.... get your pitchforks sharpened
    nice Friday night newsdump.. I'm actually impressed by it. smart!! https://www.westfargopioneer.com/new...ons-of-dollars
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

college attendance is down nationwide over the last few years, it's not just an NDSU issue.
    People are realizing you don't need to go to college to get a good job and make money, and add in the fact that young people can become entrepreneurs much easier now days with the internet and it's not surprising. To be honest, I learned nothing in college, and every single job i've ever had, not a single one of them asked me if I went to college. I work in the tech industry for a very large tech company in the area (not hard to guess which one) and even they did not ask about my college degree.

Unless your going to be in a very specific trade (IE doctor, lawyer, dentist) it's really not necessary to go to college.
    I think tech colleges will actually become more popular in the next decade, as they teach a very specific trade for the most part, whereas a four year school mostly teaches general bullshit. Add in the fact that online colleges will increase in numbers...why spend 3x as much to go to an actual school when you can get the same info from an online college?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Unless your going to be in a very specific trade (IE doctor, lawyer, dentist) it's really not necessary to go to college.
    I think you forgot to include engineer/scientist, which requires AT LEAST a 4-year degree. I'd say these jobs are much much more numerous than what you list.

However, what you say is generally true.

Are you defending him? Because I'm starting to genuinely dislike the guy ...