Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

Default Re: 2018 Enrollment Numbers

This is bad, borderline really bad.

That's $4 million in lost tuition revenue, which is serious money especially after last year's drop.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Does ndsu have plans to cut staff or wages?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Does ndsu have plans to cut staff or wages?

they have for 2 years now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Had an interesting conversation with a parent who's college bound student went for a tour of Ndsu. Unfortunately, the young (student) Ndsu tour guide wanted to talk about the football program 24-7. (Now for you & I, this would be fine but for this prospective student... she wanted to hear about academics and college life. Then it got a bit worse, when the young Ndsu tour guide wanted to show her the pigs... (this prospective student was not interested!) Needless to say, the prospective student did not choose Ndsu.
    Sounds to me as tho the "tour guides" need to be educated to focus on the interests of the prospective students, rather than their own interests.
    Was the tour guide DB? Maybe he's coaching them ...

It's pretty clear what has to happen here ...

Last year the first day enrollment was 13,650. Final fall number at 13,796.

Drop of 515 from first day last year to first day this year.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    they have for 2 years now.
    Looks like they need to cut more?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    This is bad, borderline really bad.

That's $4 million in lost tuition revenue, which is serious money especially after last year's drop.
    try $8-10 million after they finally tabulate the 800-1000 kids drop
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

So if i am reading this correct - https://www.grandforksherald.com/opi...0-student-ndsu

We are not really close to our goal that was laid out about 5 years ago of having 18000 students by 2020. How do we get back on track? Should there be a little more heat on Bresciani for not delivering as he is the president of university?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    So if i am reading this correct - https://www.grandforksherald.com/opi...0-student-ndsu

We are not really close to our goal that was laid out about 5 years ago of having 18000 students by 2020. How do we get back on track? Should there be a little more heat on Bresciani for not delivering as he is the president of university?
    It's even worse when you factor in the 'penalty' that Bismarck will impose on NDSU for losing this tuition $$. I know, brilliant, brilliant stuff …

I can identify three potential reasons for the drop. The first is demographics, and ND higher ed is very poorly positioned to deal with this. I’m sorry to have to say that. While in-state demographics look good, the system was installed anticipating a much, much higher state population than reality. The second could be political in nature. NDSU has enjoyed a healthy number of MN students in the past, but it’s possible that such students (MN is a blue state) are put off by the current political climate. That’s all I’m going to say on that given the rules of this board, no matter how any trolls from either side respond.

The third and most easily addressable is leadership, and I’ve made my opinions on this clear. If people want to discuss this in more detail we should probably take it to the smack thread.