Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2018 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I don't think that's factually true. I thought the year after we played Iowa we started out with a few votes until we lost to SDSU? Or am I getting wires crossed somewhere?
    You're talking last year (2017)? I don't think NDSU got any votes in the AP Poll at any point last year (even after beating JMU in Frisco)? All the rankings are archived here: http://www.espn.com/college-football...7/seasontype/3

In 2015 when they didn't have any FBS games it was the same way (no votes at any point). Through the early part of 2014 they had a few votes after that Iowa St beatdown to open the season and they set a record for an FCS team in week 4 of 2016 with 74 votes after beating Iowa (good for a tie for 27th) and received votes until losing to SDSU a few weeks later. In 2013 it looks like they first received a vote in the poll released right after Selection Sunday all the way until the final 2013 poll where they picked up 17 points (good for 29th). It doesn't look like they got any votes after beating K-State in week 1 that year.

It is old news, but so awesome to read articles like this. Winning another natty is the goal, but there is nothing like the recognition of an FBS win. How many Big Ten teams could the Bison beat this year? Can't wait for Oregon in 2020. https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...tate-continues

I thought there was one AP voter who always voted for the FCS champion in the final poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You're talking last year (2017)? I don't think NDSU got any votes in the AP Poll at any point last year (even after beating JMU in Frisco)? All the rankings are archived here: http://www.espn.com/college-football...7/seasontype/3

In 2015 when they didn't have any FBS games it was the same way (no votes at any point). Through the early part of 2014 they had a few votes after that Iowa St beatdown to open the season and they set a record for an FCS team in week 4 of 2016 with 74 votes after beating Iowa (good for a tie for 27th) and received votes until losing to SDSU a few weeks later. In 2013 it looks like they first received a vote in the poll released right after Selection Sunday all the way until the final 2013 poll where they picked up 17 points (good for 29th). It doesn't look like they got any votes after beating K-State in week 1 that year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    It is old news, but so awesome to read articles like this. Winning another natty is the goal, but there is nothing like the recognition of an FBS win. How many Big Ten teams could the Bison beat this year? Can't wait for Oregon in 2020. https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...tate-continues
    I always thought it was a shame that there was no documentary style video done for that game with interviews from players/coaches/media/etc. For most of the past big FBS wins they just covered it in the national title documentary. It was arguably a more impactful win than any of the national titles or previous FBS wins. It probably felt a little hollow to do one just for that game after failing to win the Natty that year but it would've been worth it IMO as a way to relive that game a bit for the fans, players, and coaches alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I thought there was one AP voter who always voted for the FCS champion in the final poll.
    There used to be but that didn't happen after the 2014, 2015, or 2017 titles (or for JMU in 2016 for that matter). Maybe the guy that did it stopped voting altogether???

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After this past weekend, lots of Sagarin changes in the FCS arena

NDSU was 22 dropped to 31
    JMU was 65, dropped to 80
    SDSU was 68, up to 50
    Youngstown was 160, up to 151

Fun while it lasted. Fuck

Fire everyone, save Sagarin.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Umm...being ranked the 31st best team in all of college football is pretty good.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Umm...being ranked the 31st best team in all of college football is pretty good.
    Gotta have something to bitch about.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sagarin says...
    NDSU regular season record and change from prior week:
    11-0 97.9% +0.4%
    10-1 2.1% -0.4%
    9-2 0.01%

Opponent chance change line change
    @ Mo St 98.7% +0.2% -30.5 -1.0
    v. S Ill 99.2% -0.2% -32.5 +1.5
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie