Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2018 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    What statement is that? That our pass defense mostly sucked.
    That's is the problem with Sagarin, it doesn't take into account that we trailed after 3 quarters and the last two td's came with a short field after desperation unsuccessful 4th down attempts by UNI.
    That being said, our ranking at 30 is probably close to where I would put us.
    I think being behind 14-0 right out of the gate and outscoring them 56-17 made a statement right along with the two 4th down stops. I also think when you mentioned the offensive line in a couple of other threads you were absolutely correct. They were downright nasty and made their own statement.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I guess there's no mathematical equation for moral victories. Hanging 56 on UNI is a statement. When was the last time they lost like that at home?
    Sat, Nov. 19, 2016*4 p.m.vs South Dakota State (Senior Day)Cedar Falls, Iowa (UNI-Dome)

LOSS*24 - 45

Sat, Dec. 6, 2014*1:00 p.m.vs Illinois StateNormal, Ill.

LOSS*21 - 41

Only two that were even close to similar in the past decade

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What statement is that? That our pass defense mostly sucked.
    That's is the problem with Sagarin, it doesn't take into account that we trailed after 3 quarters and the last two td's came with a short field after desperation unsuccessful 4th down attempts by UNI.
    That being said, our ranking at 30 is probably close to where I would put us.
    Maybe it is taking that into account the fact that the despite the defensive shortcomings the run game, and offense in general, was dominant?

But it also doesn't take into account the meaningless 14 point swing at the end of the Delaware game and the garbage TD at the end of the UNA game. These things even out as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Sat, Nov. 19, 2016*4 p.m.vs South Dakota State (Senior Day)Cedar Falls, Iowa (UNI-Dome)

LOSS*24 - 45

Sat, Dec. 6, 2014*1:00 p.m.vs Illinois StateNormal, Ill.

LOSS*21 - 41

Only two that were even close to similar in the past decade

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Someone on AGS commented that this is the most anyone has scored on UNI since Iowa beat them 66-0 in 1997. Prior to that the last FCS team to put up 50+ on them was SIU who beat them 52-9 in 1983. Who knows when the last time an FCS team put up 56 or more on them (it may be never since the FCS/1AA wasn't even a thing before 1978).

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe it is taking that into account the fact that the despite the defensive shortcomings the run game, and offense in general, was dominant?

But it also doesn't take into account the meaningless 14 point swing at the end of the Delaware game and the garbage TD at the end of the UNA game. These things even out as the season progresses.

Someone on AGS commented that this is the most anyone has scored on UNI since Iowa beat them 66-0 in 1997. Prior to that the last FCS team to put up 50+ on them was SIU who beat them 52-9 in 1983. Who knows when the last time an FCS team put up 56 or more on them (it may be never since the FCS/1AA wasn't even a thing before 1978).
    1981, Idaho beat them 59-14.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_I..._football_team

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I guess there's no mathematical equation for moral victories. Hanging 56 on UNI is a statement. When was the last time they lost like that at home?
    Our offense did make a statement but when was the last time our defense gave up 475 yards? We only had 50 more yards of total offense. No moral victories for the fans but UNI has to feel good about how they moved the ball on our vaunted defense. Let's face reality here. Our pass defense sucked yesterday and I haven't heard any players or the coaches state otherwise.

Our offense did make a statement but when was the last time our defense gave up 475 yards? We only had 50 more yards of total offense. No moral victories for the fans but UNI has to feel good about how they moved the ball on our vaunted defense. Let's face reality here. Our pass defense sucked yesterday and I haven't heard any players or the coaches state otherwise.
    "Feeling good" about a 25 point loss has to be the quintessential definition of a moral victory. Break things down a little. The pass defense sucked in the first half. They gave up 265 yards in the first half, 97 in the second. Also, the defense gave up 466 yards, 313 in the 1st, and 153 in the 2nd. And 24 points in the 1st, 7 in the 2nd.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    "Feeling good" about a 25 point loss has to be the quintessential definition of a moral victory. Break things down a little. The pass defense sucked in the first half. They gave up 265 yards in the first half, 97 in the second. Also, the defense gave up 466 yards, 313 in the 1st, and 153 in the 2nd. And 24 points in the 1st, 7 in the 2nd.
    And a statement win isn't coming from behind in the 4th qtr to beat the 22nd ranked team in the country when your unanimous #1.
    Also, UNI can't be pleased with their defensive effort either. Both defenses sucked, UNI's just sucked longer. Our 3rd qtr defense was better than the first half but we still gave up a bunch of 3rd and longs on their go ahead drive.
    Personally I would have felt better if we had led from the start and won 28-7! Our last 14 points are irrelevant in my perception of the game.

Maybe not a statement win, but I do think a swagger win. Easton helmet to helmet with that db was stud.

Like to see a new fire for these guys to truly dominate the standard and light it up from here on out.

Keep iform power in the playbook all game like yesterday please. When the chips are down it sure seems to payoff in the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Maybe not a statement win, but I do think a swagger win. Easton helmet to helmet with that db was stud.

Like to see a new fire for these guys to truly dominate the standard and light it up from here on out.

Keep iform power in the playbook all game like yesterday please. When the chips are down it sure seems to payoff in the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would say our O-line and run game had Swagger. They were dominating!

Sagarin says...
    NDSU regular season record and change from prior week:
    11-0 70.3% +28.7%
    10-1 25.9% -15.5%
    9-2 3.6% -10.8%
    8-3 0.2% -2.2%
    7-4 0.01% -0.2%
    6-5 0.0001%
    5-6 0.000001%

Opponent chance change line change
    @ W Ill 95.9% +3.1% -23.5 -3.5
    v. Ill St 88.1% +1.9% -16.0 -1.5
    @ USD 91.8% +2.5% -19.0 -2.0
    v. YSU 98.7% +1.2% -30.5 -4.0
    @ Mo St 93.3% +2.3% -20.5 -2.5
    v. S Ill 98.5% +0.6% -29.5 -2.0
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie