Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2018 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Maine has played their way into it. I know we're talking about numbers and predictors but I wouldn't be surprised to see them get there. I'm unconvinced that "chuck the pigskin" is a winning strategy.

This semi has a EWU/Youngstown vibe to me.
    Agreed. Seems kind of tough to judge Big Sky teams until they play someone out of conference. See Weber, who was remarkably overrated this year.

I agree. I wouldn’t rule Maine out in this. The thing that might work against them is travel. Have to turn around now and come even farther west (and then play on a field that is an abomination to the sport of football).

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The problems are two fold. SDSU seeded 5 instead of the 2 they deserved. Maine deserved an away game over Thanksgiving not a bye and a home game the next week #buttautobid.
    I appreciate your analysis Bisonaudit however I would argue that since Maine is one of the last 4 standing, that likely deserved a seeding.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I appreciate your analysis Bisonaudit however I would argue that since Maine is one of the last 4 standing, that likely deserved a seeding.
    Knowing what we know today about all the playoff teams. They still should have played the first weekend.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Agreed. Seems kind of tough to judge Big Sky teams until they play someone out of conference. See Weber, who was remarkably overrated this year.

I agree. I wouldn’t rule Maine out in this. The thing that might work against them is travel. Have to turn around now and come even farther west (and then play on a field that is an abomination to the sport of football).
    Sagarin didn’t particularly like Weber either. Had EWU as clearly the best Big Sky entrant, and Weber as the “9” seed instead of JMU.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Sagarin didn’t particularly like Weber either. Had EWU as clearly the best Big Sky entrant, and Weber as the “9” seed instead of JMU.
    Nice job, Audit. You've disrespected Houston and his JMU team again. Remember how that motivated them last time that happened?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Nice job, Audit. You've disrespected Houston and his JMU team again. Remember how that motivated them last time that happened?
    Yeah, they were the best team in the CAA and should have been the 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

11,192 round trip miles.

I tried finding a straight shot from fargo to anywhere in the world that would come close to that and all i found was Madagascar which is only 9,607 miles from here, one way of course

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    11,192 round trip miles.

I tried finding a straight shot from fargo to anywhere in the world that would come close to that and all i found was Madagascar which is only 9,607 miles from here, one way of course
    Doing over 8,800 miles one way this weekend to come home for the holidays. I wouldn’t want to play a football game after but I’m not a 20 year old elite athlete with professional support staff, I’m just a middle aged guy with a good pair of compression socks.

Doing over 8,800 miles one way this weekend to come home for the holidays. I wouldn’t want to play a football game after but I’m not a 20 year old elite athlete with professional support staff, I’m just a middle aged guy with a good pair of compression socks.
    Compression socks are important.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Compression socks are important.
    I guess if you’re out of shape