Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newman Center project

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Newman Center project

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The city planning commission approved a somewhat revised plan yesterday by a 5-4 vote. The number of apartments was reduced and the height along University lowered from 6 floors to 5. The height along 11th Ave reduced to 4 floors. Thirteen townhomes will be built along the west side of 12th St. Approval by the city commission is next. This is guaranteed since Mahoney, Peipkorn, and Grindberg never vote against any new developments.
    This city is afraid of heights aren't they?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Good to hear. I hope nobody on the city commission votes no. It's not their job to put up roadblocks to private investments. This is a great project
    Unless its more damn apartment buildings! Every friend/relative that visits Fargo for the first time calls Fargo "The apartments city" and my British family calls Fargo "the flats" (they're killing 2 birds with one stone)... and in 20 years, they'll be calling it The Projects.

With that said, I do like this particular project...but no more in south Fargo please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Unless its more damn apartment buildings! Every friend/relative that visits Fargo for the first time calls Fargo "The apartments city" and my British family calls Fargo "the flats" (they're killing 2 birds with one stone)... and in 20 years, they'll be calling it The Projects.

With that said, I do like this particular project...but no more in south Fargo please!
    Unless we close down all the colleges and stop growing, there will always be high demand for apartments. That Newman Block and Roosevelt neighborhood a slum in general and they are all single family shit holes.

Almost 30,000 students in the metro and 20% of Fargo is 18-24. I think we may finally be seeing the apartments slow down

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I drove down 12 Ave N the other day and the bell tower framing is taking shape.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I drove down 12 Ave N the other day and the bell tower framing is taking shape.
    It really changes the whole feel of University.

University in general is going to look much different than it did 10 years ago with all the other projects that are planned or have been completed. The Indoor Practice Facility, the SHAC, the NDSU building across from the SHAC, the new Presidents House, the STEM building, the Bison Turf, the Sorority House being rebuilt, Alumni Center, the Newman Center project and then further south the Fargo Brewing Co, the 701 Restaurant, and numerous apartments even further south...

Also the NDSU Foundation owns much of the land of the east side of University and will eventually build.

What I would really like to see is a skyway across the road at some point

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

The pace of progress on this project is painful to watch.

The church portion is going to look real nice. The apartments on the south end are about as fugly as you can get.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The pace of progress on this project is painful to watch.

The church portion is going to look real nice. The apartments on the south end are about as fugly as you can get.
    They are pretty basic on the outside but to be fair, what used to be there was a bunch of dilapidated houses whose main occupants included meth users

But i will agree that Roers makes the ugliest apartments in town. They look like generic mid 90s clones. They should take a page out of the Epic Properties and Kilbourne book.

Seems like most apartments are plain or just plain ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They are pretty basic on the outside but to be fair, what used to be there was a bunch of dilapidated houses whose main occupants included meth users

But i will agree that Roers makes the ugliest apartments in town. They look like generic mid 90s clones. They should take a page out of the Epic Properties and Kilbourne book.
    It's OK to not be OK.