Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newman Center project

Default Re: Newman Center project

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The city planning commission approved a somewhat revised plan yesterday by a 5-4 vote. The number of apartments was reduced and the height along University lowered from 6 floors to 5. The height along 11th Ave reduced to 4 floors. Thirteen townhomes will be built along the west side of 12th St. Approval by the city commission is next. This is guaranteed since Mahoney, Peipkorn, and Grindberg never vote against any new developments.
    This city is afraid of heights aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Good to hear. I hope nobody on the city commission votes no. It's not their job to put up roadblocks to private investments. This is a great project
    Unless its more damn apartment buildings! Every friend/relative that visits Fargo for the first time calls Fargo "The apartments city" and my British family calls Fargo "the flats" (they're killing 2 birds with one stone)... and in 20 years, they'll be calling it The Projects.

With that said, I do like this particular project...but no more in south Fargo please!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Unless its more damn apartment buildings! Every friend/relative that visits Fargo for the first time calls Fargo "The apartments city" and my British family calls Fargo "the flats" (they're killing 2 birds with one stone)... and in 20 years, they'll be calling it The Projects.

With that said, I do like this particular project...but no more in south Fargo please!
    Unless we close down all the colleges and stop growing, there will always be high demand for apartments. That Newman Block and Roosevelt neighborhood a slum in general and they are all single family shit holes.

Almost 30,000 students in the metro and 20% of Fargo is 18-24. I think we may finally be seeing the apartments slow down

14X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017