Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

7 road wins over the span of 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    The answer couldn't be more obvious.... None of our players are D1 athletes. I don't give a damn what country they're from. Such a waste to dump scholarships on euro players... So clueless on recruiting regional players.... So clueless on nationwide recruiting. and so clueless to coaching. So evident that our assist totals are as putrid as our turnover totals... game after game. We need someone who can handle the ball and lead on the floor. Our coach just doesn't get it.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I say "unfortunately" because I have no idea what being a "euro-player" has to do with anything. As far as I'm concerned, if they're a D-1 player, they're a D-1 player, end of story. But, yes, our players do not appear to be that level, even the "home-grown" players. Walseth's gotta go, and let's not kid ourselves about Jacobson or any other player either.

If it's any consolation, however, (and it isn't) the Yotes just thrashed UND again and the home-grown instate players on that team don't exactly look like D-1 players either ........ Klabo, Dooley, Reinke.

Irwin seems pretty solid down at SDSU, but that might be a case of the depth of talent around her (and coaching).

How much extra does it cost us to foot the bill for tuiton for international students or is it all the same for athletics. I dont think it is but I may be wrong.

There are more fans in the seats for the EDC tourney then there is for NDSU women. Shows how pathetic this storied program has become.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    7 road wins over the span of 5 seasons.
    We got 1 this year and if you round 1.4 average road wins (over last 5 season) down, we hit put average of 1. I see no problems here /purple
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Finally an article/story from the media admitting the program is broken.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/colu...ens-basketball

There are clearly foundational problems with Bison women's basketball, given its lengthy descent. They need to be fixed, however Larsen and Bresciani see fit.
    Need more of this from McFeely IMO, to keep the heat on the administration to fix the women's bball program.

Where does that foundation start with WBB(even MBB)? The Athletics in general? If that is the case then why are so many other programs succeeding? I think it is program specific, Miles turned years of apathy around and brought us one of the best teams to play, which Saul continued as well and got a tournament win. I still think Woody/Winks/Moorman/Nelson were a better team, they almost took down Kansas who put up a good fight against the eventual national runner up in Mich St.

That said I think the issues fall inn staffs of both teams, maybe some is just bad luck in recruiting but that said I think eventually it is having an eye for talent and selling yourself to the recruit. I think that is where MW fails, she can't win with recruits she is getting because she can't close on better talent...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Where does that foundation start with WBB(even MBB)? The Athletics in general? If that is the case then why are so many other programs succeeding? I think it is program specific, Miles turned years of apathy around and brought us one of the best teams to play, which Saul continued as well and got a tournament win. I still think Woody/Winks/Moorman/Nelson were a better team, they almost took down Kansas who put up a good fight against the eventual national runner up in Mich St.

That said I think the issues fall inn staffs of both teams, maybe some is just bad luck in recruiting but that said I think eventually it is having an eye for talent and selling yourself to the recruit. I think that is where MW fails, she can't win with recruits she is getting because she can't close on better talent...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I think your comment on talent judging is spot-on relative to MW, although I don’t believe either her or DR have the ability to coach talent anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I think WBB needs to start with finding an experienced coach that knows the region. We went outsie of the area for the last two hires, trying to get that flashy high major assistant hire and it flopped massively. Also hard for a new coach to take over a dumpster fire while still learning a lot on the job, which was definitely Walseth.

Of course an experienced coach is going to likely require another long deal, nobody is going to leave even a solid D2 job unless the school gives them some security.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Finally an article/story from the media admitting the program is broken.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/colu...ens-basketball

Need more of this from McFeely IMO, to keep the heat on the administration to fix the women's bball program.
    Another nugget from the article:
    "but I cannot overstate my ignorance of the inner workings of the program. I don't know the details."

That has never stopped him before.