Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

I would apply. Although I am not great at recruiting either as my sixth grade traveling team is lacking some talent. I have family in town so now we double the attendance which is helping with Walseth's buyout.

There is no risk with this job right now. The only direction is up. Recruit MN and ND hard and pick up a few Wisconsin girls and you have it. That would already decrease the oversees recruiting budget so that is a net positive.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I would apply. Although I am not great at recruiting either as my sixth grade traveling team is lacking some talent. I have family in town so now we double the attendance which is helping with Walseth's buyout.

There is no risk with this job right now. The only direction is up. Recruit MN and ND hard and pick up a few Wisconsin girls and you have it. That would already decrease the oversees recruiting budget so that is a net positive.
    In looking at potential candidates....Kelly Roysland may be an interesting name to throw out there, IMO. A couple stints (currently) as a U of M assistant, assistant at NDSU as well for a few seasons in the late 2000's. More importantly, a local gal with tons of connections in the metro, as well as out-state MN, so would be more than capable in NDSU planting our recruiting footprint in the areas we need to depend on.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Anyone on BV willing to apply?

Me!! I'll bring in the schemes the Shark used to run at UNLV during their hay days!! Its run and gun on offense and switching between man to man and the amoeba defense to confuse the #$@% out of opposing offenses!! Look it up if you don't know. And no snowflakes allowed cuz I'm gonna yell and I'm gonna cuss, and that's just at the water boy.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Not pointing the finger at Sarah Jacobson, but her case was recent.
    Student Athletes taking the year off for a Medical Redshirt and then Transferring mid season or quitting.

Does the student have to repay any scholarship money?
    I am just curious...Seems like the athlete to get a free semester or year .

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Me!! I'll bring in the schemes the Shark used to run at UNLV during their hay days!! Its run and gun on offense and switching between man to man and the amoeba defense to confuse the #$@% out of opposing offenses!! Look it up if you don't know. And no snowflakes allowed cuz I'm gonna yell and I'm gonna cuss, and that's just at the water boy.
    Sounds like it will be entertaining at least! And who knows, you might get more wins than MW.

Can't do any worse then what we have currently. You're hired!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Amoeba only worked great cause of Stacey Augmon. Good luck finding someone like that so you will suck . Fire BisMan save season.

I run the Amoeba defense in sixth grade traveling ball and it changes it shape to allow the team to make a perfect layup.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Not pointing the finger at Sarah Jacobson, but her case was recent.
    Student Athletes taking the year off for a Medical Redshirt and then Transferring mid season or quitting.

Does the student have to repay any scholarship money?
    I am just curious...Seems like the athlete to get a free semester or year .
    Sarah Jacobson didn't transfer or quit, she was dismissed from the team. She was on with Jack Michaels today and really took the high road, didn't really have any plans at this point, just kind of playing things by ear.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many players are left on the team, and how many schollies will they have for next year, presumably for a new coach?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot