Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

As discussed earlier this season, as reported by Dom - Sarah Jacobson “is redshirting due to ongoing health issues”.

https://www.inforum.com/videos/91617...U-and-redshirt

She was on the Bison bench, not in uniform, for the Fighting Hawks game.
    Nice to see the ladies celebrate! Congrats!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    She is redshirting this year.
    Taking a mental health year off. Waiting to see what happens with Walseth or transferring. I don't see things getting better for her if she transfers. She doesn't start at MSUM and Augustana is pretty good as well.

NDSU looked better than UND from the beginning. UND was taller, but NDSU players overall were definitely more aggressive and better.
    There were definitely as many UND fans in the SHAC as NDSU. Nice crowd considering.

I thought NDSU played possibly its best game in 3 years. Finally Walseth called a time out and you could hear here hollering. It was just after half time
    and NDSU had just turned it over 3 times...

Will this turn the program around, hopefully the players will learn from it and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    NDSU looked better than UND from the beginning. UND was taller, but NDSU players overall were definitely more aggressive and better.
    There were definitely as many UND fans in the SHAC as NDSU. Nice crowd considering.

I thought NDSU played possibly its best game in 3 years. Finally Walseth called a time out and you could hear here hollering. It was just after half time
    and NDSU had just turned it over 3 times...

Will this turn the program around, hopefully the players will learn from it and get better.
    I don't know I just think both programs stink right now.

I went to must of been the first UND-NDSU DI game I think, haven't been to one since. It was amazing how far both of these teams had fallen since the last game I went to probably was around 2000 or 2001? It was in at the time the brand new ralph I remember that much. I know UND has had some success since then and didn't they have one good year albeit in the Big Fluff?

Just odd that SDSU/USD took the torch on this sport when it was UND/NDSU for so long in NCC years. Credit their coaches though if you have a coach that knows how to win and coach and you give them a bit of resources to work with they can turn it into a winner. NDSUs glamour has worn off that's obvious so they're going to need a homerun hire (no 6 year contracts...) this next time around or it's going to be tough to dig out of this hole we're in.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I went to must of been the first UND-NDSU DI game I think, haven't been to one since. It was amazing how far both of these teams had fallen since the last game I went to probably was around 2000 or 2001? It was in at the time the brand new ralph I remember that much. I know UND has had some success since then and didn't they have one good year albeit in the Big Fluff?

Just odd that SDSU/USD took the torch on this sport when it was UND/NDSU for so long in NCC years. Credit their coaches though if you have a coach that knows how to win and coach and you give them a bit of resources to work with they can turn it into a winner. NDSUs glamour has worn off that's obvious so they're going to need a homerun hire (no 6 year contracts...) this next time around or it's going to be tough to dig out of this hole we're in.
    I would say WBB is the one sport where a school at NDSU's level can have success and actually have a chance at retaining their coach and maintaining success.

Gotta give a little credit. Were 3-3 right now. Last year, we were 2-12 in conference play and lost 7 games by 20+ points. This year its happens twice, once on the road at Denver and to a great USD team.

Could things finally be coming together, or is it a fluke?

I'm super cautiously optimistic. But whenever I give the team a compliment, we follow it with a terrible game. I'll be optimistic if we can keep SDSU at 10 or less.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

"if we can keep SDSU at 10 or less."
    That could happen if A.J. played only 3 players during the fourth quarter.

Down 43-14 at halftime to the Jack's. Wow.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Bison score 6 very early then...………………..
    10-26 after one.
    AJ starts changing his lineup early in the second as the game is done.
    14 (yes 14) - 43 at half.
    6 early then 8 all the rest of the half.
    Herdbot -- I assume you've not been at Frost for the last 13-14 years?
    The Jacks & Yotes are the Haves, the Bison (& others), are the Have Nots