Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
She should have been fired before the season began instead of waiting the contract out. This is coming from an accountant like me, because as someone said you can't afford to let her finish the season. We need something changed now as you are just delaying another year of negative return both as a product and financially.
A nonrevenue sport especially WBB now days will not afford them the possibility of getting rid of someone prior to contract being up as you still end up paying that final year or two and then paying someone else just as much maybe more to coach. It really sucks but it is what it is. Technically MW has another year which has been debated here already.... Maybe do something, but I wouldn't hold my breath that she will be back next year and will be a lame duck like CD was her last year and had all sorts of weird shenanigans going on it seemed like.

from: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ison-athletics
Walseth and NDSU finalized a six-year contract in November of 2014 that was signed by former women's athletic director Lynn Dorn and current university president Dean Bresciani. There may be a lesson there. At the time, it was the longest term contract by any NDSU coach in history until football coach Chris Klieman signed a six-year extension in January of 2016. That came after his second straight national title.