Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Schedule

Looks like nothing has changed. Duluth wasn't even that excited for the win. Yikes.

So what's up with Sarah Jacobson?

Way to many turnovers. Cant win being that sloppy. Not good.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Tue. 10/30/2018 Minnesota Duluth (Exhibition) Fargo, N.D.7 p.m.
    Tue.11/6/2018 Mayville State Fargo, N.D.7 p.m.
    Fri.11/9/2018 Creighton Fargo, N.D.5 p.m.
    Sun.11/11/2018 New Hampshire Fargo, N.D.4 p.m.
    Sat.11/17/2018 Wisconsin Madison, Wis. TBA Turkey Tip-Off
    Fri. 11/23/2018 Pacific Stockton, Calif.5 p.m.
    Sat.11/24/2018 North Texas Stockton, Calif.2:30 p.m.
    Wed.11/28/2018 Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill.11 a.m.
    Sun.12/2/2018 UMKC Fargo, N.D.1 p.m.
    Sun.12/9/2018 Milwaukee Fargo, N.D.1 p.m.
    Sun.12/16/2018 Valparaiso Valparaiso, Ind.TBA 1st Annual Hatter Classic
    Wed.12/19/2018 Stetson DeLand, Fla.2 p.m.
    Fri.12/21/2018 San Francisco DeLand, Fla.10 a.m.
    Fri.12/28/2018 Purdue Fort Wayne Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Sun.12/30/2018 South Dakota Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Sun.1/6/2019 Omaha Omaha, Neb.TBA
    Fri.1/11/2019 Western Illinois Fargo, N.D.7 p.m.
    Thu.1/17/2019 Denver Denver, Colo.BA
    Sun.1/20/2019 North Dakota Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Wed.1/23/2019 South Dakota State Brookings, S.D.7 p.m.
    Sat.1/26/2019 Oral Roberts Tulsa, Okla.TBA
    Wed.1/30/2019 Waldorf (Iowa) Fargo, N.D.6 p.m.
    Sun.2/3/2019 Western Illinois Macomb, Ill.TBA
    Thu.2/7/2019 North Dakota Grand Forks, N.D.TBA
    Sat.2/9/2019 Denver Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Wed.2/13/2019 Oral Roberts Fargo, N.D.7 p.m.
    Sat.2/16/2019 South Dakota State Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Sat.2/23/2019 Omaha Fargo, N.D.TBA
    Thu.2/28/2019 South Dakota Vermillion, S.D.TBA
    Sat.3/2/2019 Purdue Fort Wayne Fort Wayne, Ind.TBA Summit League Tournament
    Sat.-Tue.3/9-12/2019 TBA
    That's actually a pretty decent home OOC schedule. Too bad we are horrible.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Looks like nothing has changed. Duluth wasn't even that excited for the win. Yikes.

So what's up with Sarah Jacobson?
    Thought the same thing about Sara Jacobson, and also Reilly Jacobson. Not sure about Sofija Zivaljevic as a transfer
    does she have to waiting until January to play.

Thought the same thing about Sara Jacobson, and also Reilly Jacobson. Not sure about Sofija Zivaljevic as a transfer
    does she have to waiting until January to play.
    Sarah did not log many minutes, Reilly never played and Sofija can not play until after semester break. The best plays the team ran were out of bounds plays under the basket. Turnovers is really what concerns me for the fact they did not play an over the top tempo last night. Team speed also seemed an issue as Bulldogs beat them to several loose balls and down the floor on fast breaks. As long as I am at it rebounding on the defense end needs to improve.

Turnover margin -9. That is nine less shots potentially and also could be missed free throws.
    Offensive rebound margin -8. Lets assume this lead to another shot and not a turnover. Between these two stats is 15 less shots. In the game Bulldongs took 15 more shots in the game. NDSU shot 57.8% for the game. If they have the 17 more shots listed above and shot 57.8% on them that is another (assume all 2 point shots). This is another 18-20 points.

Free throw % was 46.2 (6-13) ouch. Bulldogs were 15-18 (83.3%). There is no doubt this team still has work in front of them. Season is still 0-0 but there is a seat that is hot warm from last year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Another embarrassing loss. Doesn't matter to me that it was exhibition, or that Reilly didn't play, you have to win this game. You don't think kids in the Twin Cities (let alone North Dakota) see this result and ponder it when deciding where to play? Too many close games and losses with lower level schools. A 9 point win over VCSU last year, a 7 point win over Dickinson the year before, and a loss to Crookston the year before that. No knock on the girls we have, as they are great in the classroom and in the community, but the recruiting that is done on this staff is awful. We are winning recruiting battles against NAIA and D2 schools for players that should play at those levels. Maybe Maren isn't a bad coach, I'd still like to believe that, but whoever is in charge of our talent pool should probably look for a different job. This team wouldn't win the NSIC this year, and that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Sarah did not log many minutes, Reilly never played and Sofija can not play until after semester break. The best plays the team ran were out of bounds plays under the basket. Turnovers is really what concerns me for the fact they did not play an over the top tempo last night. Team speed also seemed an issue as Bulldogs beat them to several loose balls and down the floor on fast breaks. As long as I am at it rebounding on the defense end needs to improve.

Turnover margin -9. That is nine less shots potentially and also could be missed free throws.
    Offensive rebound margin -8. Lets assume this lead to another shot and not a turnover. Between these two stats is 15 less shots. In the game Bulldongs took 15 more shots in the game. NDSU shot 57.8% for the game. If they have the 17 more shots listed above and shot 57.8% on them that is another (assume all 2 point shots). This is another 18-20 points.

Free throw % was 46.2 (6-13) ouch. Bulldogs were 15-18 (83.3%). There is no doubt this team still has work in front of them. Season is still 0-0 but there is a seat that is hot warm from last year.
    Thanks, good info, suspected Sofija had to sit, not sure if RJ is injured, or was just kept out by choice. She was in sweats, but not in uniform.
    Turnovers turnovers, lots the result of trying to force the ball inside, same as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mdk23 View Post
    Another embarrassing loss. Doesn't matter to me that it was exhibition, or that Reilly didn't play, you have to win this game. You don't think kids in the Twin Cities (let alone North Dakota) see this result and ponder it when deciding where to play? Too many close games and losses with lower level schools. A 9 point win over VCSU last year, a 7 point win over Dickinson the year before, and a loss to Crookston the year before that. No knock on the girls we have, as they are great in the classroom and in the community, but the recruiting that is done on this staff is awful. We are winning recruiting battles against NAIA and D2 schools for players that should play at those levels. Maybe Maren isn't a bad coach, I'd still like to believe that, but whoever is in charge of our talent pool should probably look for a different job. This team wouldn't win the NSIC this year, and that's a problem.
    She is, these are her recruits and she has not done anything to make me believe she is a good coach. This team is not good and not getting better. Thank god this is her last year. I hope Matt Larson does not make the same mistake Dorn did and give a 5 year deal to someone with zero experience. What in the sam hell was Gene thinking when he let Dorn do that???

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks, good info, suspected Sofija had to sit, not sure if RJ is injured, or was just kept out by choice. She was in sweats, but not in uniform.
    Turnovers turnovers, lots the result of trying to force the ball inside, same as last year.
    They said in the post game that she would have been eligible to play last night because it was a non-counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    She is, these are her recruits and she has not done anything to make me believe she is a good coach. This team is not good and not getting better. Thank god this is her last year. I hope Matt Larson does not make the same mistake Dorn did and give a 5 year deal to someone with zero experience. What in the sam hell was Gene thinking when he let Dorn do that???
    Gene was probably thinking, "Screw it!! I'm outa here. "