Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    If you read between the lines of taking the high road and not really saying anything, you get the sense that Sarah and her family are hoping that Walseth gets fired and that she can try to return to the team after that.
    That was the feeling I got listening to the interview with Jack Michaels. Although, I will admit that could be confirmation bias because that was my initial thought. JM kind of asked her if that was a possibility and she really didn't take the bait.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    That was the feeling I got listening to the interview with Jack Michaels. Although, I will admit that could be confirmation bias because that was my initial thought. JM kind of asked her if that was a possibility and she really didn't take the bait.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    And totally purple, but what would happen if there was a coaching change, could it be worse...aye carumba...yikes and ouch..

I didn't think anybody could be worse then DeHoff but Walseth said watch this......what an absolute dumpster fire.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I didn't think anybody could be worse then DeHoff but Walseth said watch this......what an absolute dumpster fire.
    "Here, Hold my Beer"

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    If you read between the lines of taking the high road and not really saying anything, you get the sense that Sarah and her family are hoping that Walseth gets fired and that she can try to return to the team after that.
    Accurate although Sarah may just go to school and give up BB. She has not initiated any transfer conversation with the university and her dismissal had nothing to do with her redshirt.
    The family has chosen to take the high road on this to keep future options available (Walseth fired = possible return to play). The truth will come out but not until the family wants it to come out. I respect their choice to keep it low key for now.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Accurate although Sarah may just go to school and give up BB. She has not initiated any transfer conversation with the university and her dismissal had nothing to do with her redshirt.
    The family has chosen to take the high road on this to keep future options available (Walseth fired = possible return to play). The truth will come out but not until the family wants it to come out. I respect their choice to keep it low key for now.

Is it time for the Jacobson's to just move on? Pat was a pain in the ass in high school with the class she showed when she fouled out in the 1983 state tournament first round game and would not acknowledge anyone from the opposition that came to shake her hand. She was high maintenance at NDSU. While an employee of Fargo Public I found it odd that Pat's kids went to Shanley to play basketball. I suppose it was she could exert control over the program which she may or may not have been able to at other local schools. Although Sarah was on three state championship teams, by no means was she deemed the "best player" on those teams. Sarah was the highest profile, highest scorer, but others were viewed as better players on those teams. Issues were had with the North Tartan AAU team Sarah spent some time with in the cities so Sarah moved on from that.

I don't think it was a big secret that Sarah/Pat wanted to wait out the coaching situation at NDSU and have two years of eligibility left. What was surprising Sarah was still involved until very recently in recruiting. It was comments that were made to a recruit on the status of the program that got back to the administration/coaches that led to the dismissal from the team. So it seems to be recurring theme with Pat from her high schools days. It is always something.

Pat had a great run in the late 80's. Shanley appreciates the 4 or 5 state titles your kids played on. its time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Is it time for the Jacobson's to just move on? Pat was a pain in the ass in high school with the class she showed when she fouled out in the 1983 state tournament first round game and would not acknowledge anyone from the opposition that came to shake her hand. She was high maintenance at NDSU. While an employee of Fargo Public I found it odd that Pat's kids went to Shanley to play basketball. I suppose it was she could exert control over the program which she may or may not have been able to at other local schools. Although Sarah was on three state championship teams, by no means was she deemed the "best player" on those teams. Sarah was the highest profile, highest scorer, but others were viewed as better players on those teams. Issues were had with the North Tartan AAU team Sarah spent some time with in the cities so Sarah moved on from that.

I don't think it was a big secret that Sarah/Pat wanted to wait out the coaching situation at NDSU and have two years of eligibility left. What was surprising Sarah was still involved until very recently in recruiting. It was comments that were made to a recruit on the status of the program that got back to the administration/coaches that led to the dismissal from the team. So it seems to be recurring theme with Pat from her high schools days. It is always something.

Pat had a great run in the late 80's. Shanley appreciates the 4 or 5 state titles your kids played on. its time to move on.
    So the choice is lie to a recruit or leave the team? What do you tell a recruit/parents that ask "Why are kids leaving this program like a sinking ship?" This is a potential teammate.

SJ was a marginal player at the D1 level, but the history and the circumstances for dismissal are simply reflective of the dysfunctional WBB program. Coach can do whatever the heck she wants, but she's a hot mess. If Maren isn't dismissed the day after conference tournament, then we're stuck with her for yet another year, doing no one any good with a lame duck coach. But then again, WBB is a money pit, so I'm not so sure she's gone after next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

I hope I'm not judged by my high school days 40 years ago. I also hope I'm not judged by the actions of my parents when they were in high school. Tough crowd.
    Maybe her kids went to Shanley because the family felt they would get a better education there. Private schools have different issues than public schools and she would see that first-hand from the inside.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    So the choice is lie to a recruit or leave the team? What do you tell a recruit/parents that ask "Why are kids leaving this program like a sinking ship?" This is a potential teammate.
    So in the real world you are asked to take a client or prospect out to dinner. At the dinner you tell the client your service sucks, go somewhere else. Do you expect to have a job when management finds out? As for lying to the recruit. The recruit know how the program is doing. You don't need to be told they have on court issues. But as a manager or a school recruiter I would expect more staff to put things in the best possible light.