Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Over the past 10 months as a parent I have visited 11 colleges and universities for academic specific (3) and athletic (8) related tours. The schools have ranged from D1 private (2 pioneer conference schools), 3 MIAC schools (Private), NDSU (academic visit), D2 schools in the region along with 2 NAIA schools for both academic and athletic purposes.

The range of athletic success has been top 10 for the division to schools with a worse winning percentage than NDSU ladies basketball. In not time did a coach, assistant coach, student athlete or student ambassador to a school tell me I should not attend that college or university.

If athletics were top level. The message was "we want your student athlete to help continue with the success". If the program was less than stellar, "we want your student athlete to help rebuild the program". And I have been introduced to some very excited athletes from losing programs.

If the student ambassador in this case truly discouraged a student or a student athlete to attend NDSU, then the time is to part ways.

A student walking unto the university campus should be viewed as potential asset. They may play a sport or they may just be a student. But college admissions is a big business. NDSU at $25k a year or Drake at $65k a year, they want your son or daughter to attend. Not for the current cash that you provide the university in fees and tuition, but future gifts and contributions.

I don't think it is a big secret that this family has been complaining about NDSU for some time. Every person they turn away from NDSU costs the school and the program money. Yes, the Ladies BB has its issues, but that doesn't stop the leadership trying to improve it.
    So to be specific you are accusing SJ of persuading other women’s b-ball recruits to go elsewhere, correct?

Watching the Class B tourney. Both teams would beat NDSU WBB team. JFC!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yikes.....the excitement was palpable.....

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...Head-WBB-Coach

Congrats and welcome to the Herd!
    On a selfish note, I'm looking forward to the 'We're going in the wrong direction' thread to be closed and never reappear. Also, it will be nice not to see future threads in the women's basketball forum to be composed of nothing but facepalms. Finally, with increased attendance and undefeated seasons, women's basketball can finally help subsidize the volleyball program which has been 'loosing' money for all these years. #lastpartdarkpurple
    Great news. I think you can say that potentially, NDSU has hired 3 excellent young coaches recently. Really looking forward to following Coach Walseth as she moves forward. She seems to have all the tools for success. Looks like there will be no BS under her watch. Hopefully she gets a couple of good players to fill out the roster. Hav'nt seen a game in a couple of years, but I will be buying a season ticket this year.
    I am a proven Winner.....I hope so! Good luck Coach!
    Congratulations coach Walseth ! I've got a gut feeling that she is not only turn things around, but take us to new heigths !
    Its early but my initial gut feeling is this is a perfect hire!
    I really like the similarity between this clip and the Dave Richman clip.
    Impressive interview. What I like is she knows you must win at NDSU. Just win and do it right!
    I think the new coach is a great hire and a breath of fresh air but I felt it seemed like her vibes towards Dorn were very weird and awkward. Something just didn't feel/seem right with that. You almost get the impression like this was a Gene Taylor hire versus a Dorn hire.
    Hey guy, I don't know anything about Penn State Lady hoops or Maren, but I do know she is not Coach Dehoff and that right there excites me.
    Head coach Walseth is very active on twitter and seems like a hoot. Lots of tweets lately while she's out on the recruiting trail. Her enthusiasm should help resurrect the women's program.
    MichiganLion sure has a lot of red chiclets....LOL

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...643#post861643

http://ndsuspectrum.com/walseth-has-...eaded-forward/

Walseth is right for the job because her players learn from her on the court as well as off it.
    What Walseth needs most is time.

“Getting to know each and every player to the depth that you need to know them, for them to trust you and to get the most out of them, it takes time,” she said. “Relationships take time. That’s challenging.”
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

It's odd watching this.... The high-lights from that season looks like the last in the BSA. That team was leaps and bounds better than the current one. They just look so much more competitive... This speaks volumes of how the current coach did the unthinkable... made us demonstrably worse.

shooting a blistering 3 of 17 in the first qtr against powerhouse ipfw.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Wow. Michiganlion's post was prophetic. Too bad we can't go back in the way-back machine.

NDSU 46
    P-FW 66 FINAL

Walseth fired yet?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Blown Out by the WORST team in the league.
    46 pts. will win most games...……… maybe not.
    Quick, sign her to a contract extension before somebody else scoops up this staff.

Hopefully only one more game....how the hell do you lose by 20 to PFW who is 6-21 on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Hopefully only one more game....how the hell do you lose by 20 to PFW who is 6-21 on the year.
    The answer couldn't be more obvious.... None of our players are D1 athletes. I don't give a damn what country they're from. Such a waste to dump scholarships on euro players... So clueless on recruiting regional players.... So clueless on nationwide recruiting. and so clueless to coaching. So evident that our assist totals are as putrid as our turnover totals... game after game. We need someone who can handle the ball and lead on the floor. Our coach just doesn't get it.