Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    She should have been fired before the season began instead of waiting the contract out. This is coming from an accountant like me, because as someone said you can't afford to let her finish the season. We need something changed now as you are just delaying another year of negative return both as a product and financially.
    A nonrevenue sport especially WBB now days will not afford them the possibility of getting rid of someone prior to contract being up as you still end up paying that final year or two and then paying someone else just as much maybe more to coach. It really sucks but it is what it is. Technically MW has another year which has been debated here already.... Maybe do something, but I wouldn't hold my breath that she will be back next year and will be a lame duck like CD was her last year and had all sorts of weird shenanigans going on it seemed like.

from: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ison-athletics
    Walseth and NDSU finalized a six-year contract in November of 2014 that was signed by former women's athletic director Lynn Dorn and current university president Dean Bresciani. There may be a lesson there. At the time, it was the longest term contract by any NDSU coach in history until football coach Chris Klieman signed a six-year extension in January of 2016. That came after his second straight national title.

The problem with the two bb coaches is the player’s eligibility clocks are running. If I am a recruit I sure won’t be considering a program that is losing In this fashion. The fact that the football team wins and has such fan support, and bb doesn’t and no one seems to want to fix the problem makes it look like they aren’t committed to wbb. *see all sports vs und hockey
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

There are booster that love basketball that will donate the money to buy her and Richman out.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There are booster that love basketball that will donate the money to buy her and Richman out.
    I dont think that NDSU has ever done that, and I don't like the idea of it ever happening...

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I dont think that NDSU has ever done that, and I don't like the idea of it ever happening...
    I am not saying it should be standard practice but when a coach/program is clearly only getting worse, something has to be done. Wait another season and half and you might as well cancel the program. Mens programs is slightly different since this is his last year and we can get out of it soon.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Making a murderer—> https://twitter.com/bisonmag/status/...613892096?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Making a murderer—> https://twitter.com/bisonmag/status/...613892096?s=21

You mean the same town from the Netflix show?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You mean the same town from the Netflix show?
    Same County .....

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    A nonrevenue sport especially WBB now days will not afford them the possibility of getting rid of someone prior to contract being up as you still end up paying that final year or two and then paying someone else just as much maybe more to coach. It really sucks but it is what it is. Technically MW has another year which has been debated here already.... Maybe do something, but I wouldn't hold my breath that she will be back next year and will be a lame duck like CD was her last year and had all sorts of weird shenanigans going on it seemed like.

from: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ison-athletics
    Sorry, I thought she had just this year left. Even worse now that she has next year left. One thing to note, I grew up going to the BSA during the 80's and 90's and this was definitely not a nonrevenue sport back then. Fargo will greatly support a good women's program for sure. Back in the 80's and 90's we dominated with local players from the upper Midwest just like SDSU is doing and people will come out and support these players for sure if we can be successful again.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Sorry, I thought she had just this year left. Even worse now that she has next year left. One thing to note, I grew up going to the BSA during the 80's and 90's and this was definitely not a nonrevenue sport back then. Fargo will greatly support a good women's program for sure. Back in the 80's and 90's we dominated with local players from the upper Midwest just like SDSU is doing and people will come out and support these players for sure if we can be successful again.
    Back then my parents brought my brother and I to every game, mens and womens. There were definitely games that the women outdrew the men or at least it sure felt like it to a young kid. I distinctly remember as a young kid following the womens program closer than the mens which now seems crazy to me.