Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New local Saturday radio show 9-11 Bison 1660

Default Re: New local Saturday radio show 9-11 Bison 1660

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. I loved their Saturday show but you cant be married and work 24-7. Dom does a great job
    From my limited experience, that's the best thing to do when you're married.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    From my limited experience, that's the best thing to do when you're married.

So by your statement, after a few years Dom will return Saturday morning

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The show is 9-11 AM... not PM. Should fill somewhat of a gap

The new show is 9-11 am
    then on game days an hour show with Brad Jones (tailgate show) (3-1/2 hours before kickoff)
    Then Bison gameday (2-1/2 hours before kickoff)
    Then the full Bison game and post game
    Then the Bison feed back for 2 hours

Should be 9 straight hours on a saturday game day
    Problem is, however, much of the pregame stuff is replayed stuff from the Insiders. Part of the reason I usually do WDAY until Bison Gameday comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Problem is, however, much of the pregame stuff is replayed stuff from the Insiders. Part of the reason I usually do WDAY until Bison Gameday comes on.
    New show is all new content. Focused on the weekend games according to the promos

I've never heard the tailgate show because I'm, well, tailgating. Doesn't suprise me if they recycle some stuff since only the hardcore fans like us hear all the stuff during the week on the regular shows.

I think Brad Jones is on this forum. BisonGuy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

New show is all new content. Focused on the weekend games according to the promos

I've never heard the tailgate show because I'm, well, tailgating. Doesn't suprise me if they recycle some stuff since only the hardcore fans like us hear all the stuff during the week on the regular shows.

I think Brad Jones is on this forum. BisonGuy
    So Gabe you're going to every road game? If so I tip my hat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So Gabe you're going to every road game? If so I tip my hat to you.
    No probably UNI and USD but the rest I'm no where near a radio. Sitting at Ddubs drinking. But the rest of the year when I'm doing yardwork is when I look forward to listening. But the typical fans probably not

I was listening today and the way I understand it, the show will run 9-11am most weeks and 230 home start times. For early start times like 2 pm @ USD/Misery State it would be from 830-1030 am or 1 pm homecoming, the show would air from 7:30-9:30 am. Not sure what would happen for 6 pm games

First Saturday show this weekend sounds like a good one with NDSU Athletic Director Matt Larson, Brian McLaughlin from Hero Sports, and a suprise guest.

And here is the first show if you didn't catch it live this morning. A little more focused on the upcoming weekend sports, scoreboards, Vikings, etc with the Bison not playing

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...ow-august-25th

Great option for saturday mornings. Bison 1660 now with 11 hours of coverage on gamedays!! Does any other achool have that kimd of gameday coverage?!! Also, Kolpack and Izzo now have a weekly podcast which can be found on the video blog website. Never too much Bison coverage.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN