Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

I think the article focuses too much on the past and provides little insight on the actual future of the FCS. Go back three years ago, and the same article could have be written, except that JMU is not considered a top-tier team. There are going to be teams rising to be part of the cream of the crop, especially in Georgia Southern and App State's area. One of those teams will be Kennesaw State.

I also think teams will start rising elsewhere, especially in the Big Sky. Too many good teams with great tradition to be kept down.

With that said, NDSU will be ready for them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think the article focuses too much on the past and provides little insight on the actual future of the FCS. Go back three years ago, and the same article could have be written, except that JMU is not considered a top-tier team. There are going to be teams rising to be part of the cream of the crop, especially in Georgia Southern and App State's area. One of those teams will be Kennesaw State.

I also think teams will start rising elsewhere, especially in the Big Sky. Too many good teams with great tradition to be kept down.

With that said, NDSU will be ready for them.
    People have short memories. 30 teams have made the quarterfinals since 2010.

I guess I didn't see anything in the artciel that was negative toward NDSU. I think NDSU is so dinunage right now that it skews the argument a bit. As was pointed out earlier, where was JMU 4-5 years ago? Kennesaw will likely come on strong. In reality you need to remove NDSU from the discussion if you want to talk about the strength of the FCS because trying to compare the rest to a team as dominate as the Bison is difficult at best. But that becomes difficult becomes removing the Bison leaves no clear best team each year. My point is without NDSU I think you would have seen 4-5 different champions the last 7 years. Which makes for more parity.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Who cares hes all about hot takes. Steven A McFooley. There are legitimately only 6 or 7 teams in the FBS who have a chance too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Lol the CFP is dominated by the same 4-5 teams every year. Isn't anyone else sick of watching Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and another SEC team battle it out every year? Oooh maybe an Oklahoma or Washington sneaks in this year to get clobbered by Bama......color me excited.

Mcfeely is right on. Theres literally only 2 teams who could win.

FBS has way more parity and its insane if you cant acknowledge that. heck there is even more parity in the G5 for goodness sake. Boise, Houston, UCF, FAU, Memphis, fresno state and San Diego state this year each have a shot at their "UCF style National Championship" haha.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Mcfeely is right on. Theres literally only 2 teams who could win.

FBS has way more parity and its insane if you cant acknowledge that. heck there is even more parity in the G5 for goodness sake. Boise, Houston, UCF, FAU, Memphis, fresno state and San Diego state this year each have a shot at their "UCF style National Championship" haha.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Who cares hes all about hot takes. Steven A McFooley. There are legitimately only 6 or 7 teams in the FBS who have a chance too.
    He basically said that in the article.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Also, he never said that we only succeed because others arent good. He just said there isn't parity. Like any. at all. NDSU and probably JMU are just light-years ahead of everyone else.

I hope the Montana Schools and Eastern and UNI can raise their game and bring some balance to the FCS
    Last edited by MankatoBison; 08-03-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added another sentence
    3. It's time to go FBS

I did see that JMU just announced that they will be provided Cost-of-Attendance for all sports starting in 2019.

That helps out schools a lot in the recruiting game.