Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    McFooly write nothing that ever mean anything. The guy is a complete tool and loves he role at it. He stirs the pot on any subject just to get a response from people. His world is drive by clicks to his site/blog for ad revenue. He is not different than the Portly one.
    thats his job description, he is paid to get clicks, readers, and listeners and people talking, Same thing any columnist/talk radio lives off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    thats his job description, he is paid to get clicks, readers, and listeners and people talking, Same thing any columnist/talk radio lives off of.
    Yes, that article was garbage, but his recent special teams one was very good. He brings value to Bison coverage BECAUSE he stirs the pot. For example, in Sioux Falls, no one even knows exactly what Stig's punishment is. Would Mike allow that if it happened in Fargo? Absolutely not. When the kids were dismissed last year, never really a mention on state media, but Mike and others did cover it even if they never found out much, officially at least.

BTW, I am the kind of guy who watches the new from the opposite political spectrum as my base views, so that does probably make me strange; I want controversy, openness, and asking hard questions. Not to mention, Mike is pretty entertaining when on the pre and post game shows.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the article was fine. Just something to discuss. Him just taking some reps at the QB position is different than him spending all fall camp at that position. If that was the case then we should be concerned about the backup position.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I thought the article posed a legit question about why Hendricks is taking reps at QB. I think he may have missed covering another option (that he needs to be playing somewhere if he is going to contribute) Hendricks has proven to be a really good athlete and if something happens at QB like what happened at RB last year....well it's better to have as many options as possible. I think they will do whatever it takes to make sure Trey keeps his red shirt in tact if possible. James taking reps is just one more way to make sure that we can keep our options open.

What I'm concerned about is what will happen if 7 DE get hurt?!?
    Like you said just keeping him up on the offense in case something catastrophic happens to the other QB's. We saw what happens when a team gets hit at certain positions and the QB spot is a key one. A couple fluke hits that result in concussions and your down 2-3 QB's in a hurry.

Who knows what the real situation is at this point. I think both RS-F will get some playing time out of the first two games. All I know for sure is that I watched the Spring game/practice again last week and my thought was neither one of these two guys are ready for prime time. But thanks McFeely, I always need something else to worry about.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And water is wet. The title chances of basically every team diminish when their QB1 gets injured.
    Water isn't wet. Water is water, water makes things wet.

The reason the kid takes reps at QB is if it was 3rd and 4.....and Easton suddenly got up slow and couldn't be in the huddle....the QUICK call would go to Jimmy. He wouldn't be the QB if Easton really got hurt and missed a few games. That would go to one of the young kids. He is more of the emergency QB type ready in an instant, coaches trust the decision making and his speed. Probably a very small package of plays to get us out of a pinch.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The reason the kid takes reps at QB is if it was 3rd and 4.....and Easton suddenly got up slow and couldn't be in the huddle....the QUICK call would go to Jimmy. He wouldn't be the QB if Easton really got hurt and missed a few games. That would go to one of the young kids. He is more of the emergency QB type ready in an instant, coaches trust the decision making and his speed. Probably a very small package of plays to get us out of a pinch.
    I agree 100%. If Easton goes out for an extended period of time, the young QB is up. Build it up for the future.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton kind of changed what our expectation of a RS freshman qb should be too... he was a pretty good one.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Easton kind of changed what our expectation of a RS freshman qb should be too... he was a pretty good one.
    Right, after all, the 2015 season was lost as soon as Carson went down!!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck