Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Default McFooly's Article Today

Seems to me he is implying NDSU is winning championships due to zero competition. FCS is no different from FBS. Realistically how many teams, really, can win an FBS title? 5 maybe 10 tops.

http://inforum.com/opinion/columns/4...l-championship

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Seems to me he is implying NDSU is winning championships due to zero competition. FCS is no different from FBS. Realistically how many teams, really, can win an FBS title? 5 maybe 10 tops.

10 tops? That's 8 more than what the fcs bodes

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mission accompli oh mcfoolish one. Let the gnashing Of teeth commence.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Isn't he spot on? And haven't we had this discussion before when it was viewed 10-15 teams a few years back could compete. Whereas now that number has gotten smaller, but the won thing Mike leaves out the Valley has probably gotten more difficult for the Bison to run the table on due to the improvement of USD, along with an occasional one off run by a team (Illinois State), and the more traditional year in and year solid teams. SDSU and UNI.

In the FCS, how many schools offer the full ride of scholarships? That in my opinion is the number of teams that have "any chance", from there you can reduce the field. NDSU full allotment versus that of UND for example. UND doesn't have a chance. can say that about the Montana schools currently. And Eastern Washington as they only play offense.

So, the 20 (or whatever the exact number is) full scholarship schools is very quickly reduced.

Lakes and all his yelling for a different conference and moving up, is probably correct from a football competition perspective, but the money just doesn't work. So as a result, we should just enjoy the run

He actually said FCS is much the same as FBS in terms of the teams capable of winning it all each year.

Nothing negative in what I read. Definitely nothing dissing NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    He actually said FCS is much the same as FBS in terms of the teams capable of winning it all each year.

Agreed. It was 100% factual and well researched. I thought this was fairly well known. This is the rational part of the FBS or bust crowd argument; the irrational part are the money, facility, and crap G5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

Yeah I certainly didn't get a negative vibe, and he mentions in the article that this isn't unique to Fcs, look at Championship participants at the D3 level. This is happening all over in football.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

"Hey, we are in Division X and are, by my math, one of the only 10 teams who can win a championship. That's bogus! We need to move to Division X-1 where we will be one of the teams who will never have a chance to win a championship! And the great thing about it is that we need to double our budget to do it!"

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. It was 100% factual and well researched. I thought this was fairly well known. This is the rational part of the FBS or bust crowd argument; the irrational part are the money, facility, and crap G5 issues.
    I actually don't think this is a rational part of the move to FBS. FBS is almost identical. Maybe a couple more schools have a chance. But realistically only the top one or two Schools from the Big five conferences legitimately have a even chance to qualify for the playoff as the G5 conferences have zero chance to even be in the playoffs right now.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I NEVER read McFooly ever! He has issues....

NDSU should NEVER have to feel guilty that they BETTER than competition in recruiting, player development, coaching, and facilities!!

It's the LOSERS who say welllll they only win because there aren't many good teams----which means our team is really shitty and will never compete with NDSU so we have to try to minimize their accomplishments----I've heard this BS from fans from school up north---cant fix stupid

As for the other ignorant people who say NDSU needs competition and just move to the FBS---its about MONEY---NOT JUST FOOTBALL for entire athletic department to bump up

GO BISON!!!!!