Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/news/4491625-...pth-experience

New one today...I'm certain always finding the negatives in life must be exhausting.

His wife must be a saint to put up with him.
    He has been reading BV again.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    He has been reading BV again.
    A lot of that came from the Klieman presser also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

New one today...I'm certain always finding the negatives in life must be exhausting.

If you were casually following the Bison, that article would be informative..
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Maybe he thinks he writes for The Onion
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    If you were casually following the Bison, that article would be informative..
    Right, but I have yet to read something he wrote about our awesome DL, OL or RBs...It's always the negative take with him.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Right, but I have yet to read something he wrote about our awesome DL, OL or RBs...It's always the negative take with him.
    Spot on. Negative after negative. "Bison receiving corp lacks depth, experience".... "Safety Hendricks taking snaps at QB, which might not be a good sign"... "If Bison have a weakness, it's special teams"... "How many FCS teams, really, could win the national championship?" I might actually give a damn what he had to say if I didn't know he was just putting it out there as click bait. Teddy Roosevelt's quote was written to describe guys like McFeely,

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

They need post game stories as well. And stuff for the next 5 months. If this team dominates the standard you're going to hear plenty about the 11 deep defensive line rotation.

Considering this is basically a media criticism thread, the Roosevelt quote is a bit much.

The content of the columns has been reasonable and measured and I’ve got no issue with the subjects he’s selected. Too much clutch talk but other than that...
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Well, to be fair, our receivers have never really been world beaters. We've had some with really good hands, but we rarely, if ever, have had that really tall, athletic, blazing speed guy that can go up for a jump ball, always come down with it, and then run away from the pack for a TD. I don't know why we can never land these type of receivers. Probably has a lot to do with the fact we are a run first team. Just think how great Wentz's numbers would have been if he had a receiver that could actually run under the deep balls he could through. It would have been deep bomb TD on every series.

To be honest, I think this article could be written every season. We always seem to lack depth and really good talent at receiver, but it hasn't been too much of a problem in the past and I don't expect it to be much of a problem this season as well. We just need a few guys with good hands who can run a ten and curl. Enough to move the chains. It seems every season, this is all the coaching staff is looking for.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Sir Hinn was one of the producers. Not Hammer. Still posts on here under different name
    The old flyingdoucheman

OK McFooly is officially trolling for story ideas on Bisonville. Today article is par for the course and something that has been talked on here for a couple of days sparked by B Mac original story.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.