Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    FCS and NFL have one thing in common, remove the current dynasty and there is actually a lot of parity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can add NBA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    That "we need to level the playing field" argument is such a bunch of BS... not saying the FCS wouldn't try it... But, if you don't have sufficient resources to compete at a particular level you need to drop down to a level you can afford, or drop football altogether. There are a lot of Division 1 (both FCS and FBS) football teams that have no business playing football at the Division 1 level.
    That's a valid opinion, but is not necessarily the way that everyone will think. It happened in DII in the early 90's. If there's enough momentum with the necessary powers that govern, it could easily happen.

That "we need to level the playing field" argument is such a bunch of BS... not saying the FCS wouldn't try it... But, if you don't have sufficient resources to compete at a particular level you need to drop down to a level you can afford, or drop football altogether. There are a lot of Division 1 (both FCS and FBS) football teams that have no business playing football at the Division 1 level.
    The thing that bugs me in reading a lot of comments by other fans is that the underlying tone is sometimes along the lines that NDSU lucked out or was given this success. They can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that the Bison have had a great deal of success over the last 50 plus years and this current team has been built by a lot of hard work.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    That's a valid opinion, but is not necessarily the way that everyone will think. It happened in DII in the early 90's. If there's enough momentum with the necessary powers that govern, it could easily happen.
    I agree with you... if it happened, I would be pissed! Seriously, if you have to play multiple "money games" to fund your athletic program, or you fund it predominantly through student fees and school funds, you need to seriously throttle things back and move down a level to something you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The thing that bugs me in reading a lot of comments by other fans is that the underlying tone is sometimes along the lines that NDSU lucked out or was given this success. They can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that the Bison have had a great deal of success over the last 50 plus years and this current team has been built by a lot of hard work.
    Winning Championships aren't easy and aren't something that you wait to take your turn at.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I always see some bullsh*t list that includes Marshall, Georgia Southern, App State, ODU, and Coastal Carolina, and some nonsense about "if they were still in the FCS, NDSU would not have won all those titles..." such a bunch of crap! Hell, the FCS/1AA is lucky NDSU waited till 2003 to move up -- if it was earlier, we would have a lot more 1AA/FCS Championship trophies. And seriously, some of the teams those idiots list would have been dismantled by NDSU -- ODU? Seriously, they had no defense whatsoever! and CCU played us twice, and we won twice! We owned Georgia Southern, and we would have taken down App State if given the chance. Marshall with Randy Moss would have been an interesting game though

Marshall with Randy Moss would have been an interesting game though
    Might have been like playing EWU in 2016 again, where they had Cooper Cupp and two other WRs (Kendrick Bourne and Shaq Hill) that also ended up in the NFL last year in some type of fashion.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Hey I understand your point, but... the rules of the FCS are defined by the members. One school, one vote. We complain on here about "watering down" of division 2. I argue that something else happened, that NDSU outgrew the division and became an outlier. The schools in the division adjusted the rules so there were more inline with what the "typical" division 2 school was capable of.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    "Hey, we are in Division X and are, by my math, one of the only 10 teams who can win a championship. That's bogus! We need to move to Division X-1 where we will be one of the teams who will never have a chance to win a championship! And the great thing about it is that we need to double our budget to do it!"
    I, personally, am convinced that NDSU can win the big one.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Who cares hes all about hot takes. Steven A McFooley. There are legitimately only 6 or 7 teams in the FBS who have a chance too.
    UF
    LSU
    AU
    UA
    OSU
    FSU
    CU

that seven different schools that have one one in the last 11 years

11 different schools have won titles this century, and UU and UCF have been in position to claim split titles as well. Multiple other teams have appeared in the championship game.