Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: McFooly's Article Today

Default Re: McFooly's Article Today

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    The problem is that unless NDSU gets into a POWER 5 conference, they will never have a chance at one, no matter how good they are. No team from the MAC or Mountain West or whatever G5 conference the Bison get into, is EVER going to play for a national title at the FBS level.
    Even Boise State in their best years would probably be left out of the current FBS "playoff" system.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I remember listening to a Cal Poly game last decade when they kicked us around in SLO...the announcers said that they were simply too athletic for us. Funny

Still...Cal Poly has always had athletic teams

That's because of the low acceptance rate and they are smarter.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I think you got that back asswards. This would be like D2 reducing scholarships to pull NDSU down to their level. If this happens NDSU needs to learn from history and GTFO of the FCS.
    I think we were saying a bit of the same thing... The more schools that offer cost of attendance with full scholarships, the more healthy the entire sub-division is. If NDSU starts sticking out like a sore thumb, offering perks and benefits that the other schools can't offer, it is certainly a possibility that the other schools vote to reign in the spending (or perhaps make NDSU think about going elsewhere). As I mentioned in my original post, outlawing "Cost of Attendance" in today's world would be a PR nightmare for the FCS schools, so their other course of action would be to reduce scholarships. (Money is money). And yes, that is exactly what happened at Division 2.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I've been inhaling College football podcasts the last month, and I've heard multiple shows refer to NDSU and JMU as "FBS Schools" etc. (Cover 2 Podcast, The Solid Verbal (Really like these guys) and Podcast Aint Played Nobody)

They all can acknowledge that we're MILES ahead of the next echelon of FCS in almost every single way. I love that we are the best- absolutely love it. I love the thing we have with JMU... I just wish tere were 3-4 other teams in the mix for varieties sake.

I literally Pray that Montana and i guess Montana State too, can figure out their sh*t.
    Last edited by MankatoBison; 08-06-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I've been inhaling College football podcasts the last month, and I've heard multiple shows refer to NDSU and JMU as "FBS Schools" etc. (Cover 2 Podcast, The Solid Verbal (Really like these guys) and Podcast Aint Played Nobody)

They all can acknowledge that we're MILES ahead of the next echelon of FCS in almost every single way. I love that we are the best- absolutely love it. I love the thing we have with JMU... I just wish tere were 3-4 other teams in the mix for varieties sake.

I literally Pray that Montana and i guess Montana State too, can figure out their sh*t.
    I pitched this idea on AGS a few months back but I'd like to see NDSU and JMU start up a scheduling alliance of sorts with a couple other of the heavy hitters in the FCS.... perhaps Montana and Jacksonville St. My theory is each of those teams play each other on a 3 year rotating basis at neutral sites but the neutral site is the same for both games and rotates yearly between 4 sites that are the primary metro areas for each school. For NDSU it would be Minneapolis, for JMU it would be Washington DC, for Montana it would (probably) be Seattle, and for Jacksonville St it would be Atlanta. Either play both games on the same day or play one game Friday night and other Saturday afternoon (at the same venue).

It would be easy travel for fans of all 4 schools since there are major airports at each site. There would be a massive following for at least the one school that is in their "home metro". It would be a fun atmosphere and tailgate since all the schools have solid followings. It would be even be fun to go to (or maybe just tailgate for) the other game as well that your team isn't playing in.

The biggest difficulties I would see is finding the appropriate venues to partner with. I don't think they'd want to do NFL stadiums but finding a stadium that could accommodate crowds in the 30k range would be necessary I'd think. Then of course they'd have to find dates that work for all 4 of those schools every year and the schools themselves would have to agree to do it. So there's a lot of "ifs" and hypotheticals in all of that but I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun for fans of every school involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I pitched this idea on AGS a few months back but I'd like to see NDSU and JMU start up a scheduling alliance of sorts with a couple other of the heavy hitters in the FCS.... perhaps Montana and Jacksonville St. My theory is each of those teams play each other on a 3 year rotating basis at neutral sites but the neutral site is the same for both games and rotates yearly between 4 sites that are the primary metro areas for each school. For NDSU it would be Minneapolis, for JMU it would be Washington DC, for Montana it would (probably) be Seattle, and for Jacksonville St it would be Atlanta. Either play both games on the same day or play one game Friday night and other Saturday afternoon (at the same venue).

It would be easy travel for fans of all 4 schools since there are major airports at each site. There would be a massive following for at least the one school that is in their "home metro". It would be a fun atmosphere and tailgate since all the schools have solid followings. It would be even be fun to go to (or maybe just tailgate for) the other game as well that your team isn't playing in.

The biggest difficulties I would see is finding the appropriate venues to partner with. I don't think they'd want to do NFL stadiums but finding a stadium that could accommodate crowds in the 30k range would be necessary I'd think. Then of course they'd have to find dates that work for all 4 of those schools every year and the schools themselves would have to agree to do it. So there's a lot of "ifs" and hypotheticals in all of that but I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun for fans of every school involved.
    Fun Idea, I like it. Also, likely impossible logistically, but still like it
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Another article. This one is pretty spot-on tho, with some admissions by Coach K—> https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/...36027038064661

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McFooly with another Captain Obvious article. Everybody in the world knew what a disaster our special teams were since January. The point is the Bison knew it better than anyone and they better have been working on this every day since then.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    McFooly with another Captain Obvious article. Everybody in the world knew what a disaster our special teams were since January. The point is the Bison knew it better than anyone and they better have been working on this every day since then.
    I knew that special teams was terrible last year but I had no idea we ranked so crazy low in almost every single category. Also there are plenty on here that defending our punting and net yardage so I'm not sure everyone in the world knew how bad it was. We also have to remember that general news stories are not written for the diehard know it all fans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I knew that special teams was terrible last year but I had no idea we ranked so crazy low in almost every single category. Also there are plenty on here that defending our punting and net yardage so I'm not sure everyone in the world knew how bad it was. We also have to remember that general news stories are not written for the diehard know it all fans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Amazing how much is discussed here before someone from TheForum writes about it. We're literally their think tank.
    Hail the BISON!!!