Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fall Camp

Default Re: 2018 Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    These two are tied together. Coach said in his presser he wants to get Jabril work in the middle. Also thinks that Jaxon plays better close to the line of scrimmage.
    Jabril could be like a Carlton Littlejohn. Grant Olson played base downs. On nickel LJ slides to the middle.

Base downs Marlette and Jabril. In nickel take Marlette out, slide Jabril to the middle, and put Jaxon Browne in for Jabril. Jaxon will be great in coverage for a linebacker

Ans who knows, next year Jabril could be a 4 down middle linebacker. Carlton Littlejohn did it and Jabril is much bigger

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have fun trying to score against that defense, especially in the FFD. This is gonna be an unbelievable season, I can feel it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Have fun trying to score against that defense, especially in the FFD. This is gonna be an unbelievable season, I can feel it.
    Yep, I think it's curb stomp time. Everything we had in '13 and maybe better. Still worried about punter though, but I doubt we will be using him much any way.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I got a chuckle out of Klieman saying he thought they were pretty good on kickoffs. Should be when you kickoff ten times a game.

Lardsin must go!

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into the depth chart. Historically, the upper class man are listed at the top.

A few random thoughs.

- I love the fact Jaxon Brown is playing linebacker. The kid is one hell of an athlete but looking at the depth we have at safety, this makes perfect sense. He's got decent speed at safety but at linebacker he's faster than hell.

- Our O-line is NFL big. Not just fat 300 pound fatties either. Tall, lean, and athletic.

- Our cornerback depth is the best since 2012-2013

- Our DE depth is silly good. There will be injuries and more guys will play but next year when we lose 3 seniors, we got Spencer Waege, Tanner Sundt, and Logan McCormick plus with Ogbu and with Tony Pierce red shirting, they get to lean from some great players.

- Curious to see how the backup DT spot goes behind Aaron Steidl and Blake Williams. Will this be a breakout year for guys like Darnell and Karcz or will they get pushed by younger guys like Lane Tucker, Michael Kelly, Quinn Alo, or Biegler?

- Middle linebacker is my biggest concern. Marlette is a stud but he's coming off a knee injury. I haven't seen enough but I don't know if any of our middle linebackers are great in coverage. Will we go nickel? Will we move someone like Jabril to the middle on passing downs? How is the development of Jack Begley coming along?

- Tight Ends - You can only list 2 on the depth chart but believe me, our young TE's will get their opportunities.

- Wide receiver is the biggest question mark on offense. We really need Dallas Freeman and Desmond Cain to emerge this year. If both of those guys go out with a bang, we are set. But call it a gut feeling, but Dimitri Williams is just due to do something big and I think he's going to have some sort of swiss army knife type role. Senior year. He is the best athlete of the group and he added 13 pounds this off season
    With depth and size of the OL and the depth at RB...it looks like we are good to go on a ground and pound game...the receivers might get a chance to grow into the position a little.

First team OL averages 6'5" 306, second team averages 6'5" 307, that's 10 offensive linemen averaging 6'5" 306.5. The Rams are going to be awesome.

One position group that doesn't get a lot of chatter that I think is also going to be rock solid is the secondary.... particularly Marquise Bridges. With the way he stepped in last year for the SHSU and JMU games I think he might be the best corner on the team by the end of this year, Jalen Allison included. We all know what Allison can do as a 3 year starter and 4 year contributor. Grimsley is on about every first team AA list. And Wimbush and Hendricks tag teaming at FS and nickel is about as solid as it gets as well. Hayes and Davis both showed at the end of last year that they can hold their own if forced into action. Klieman continues to rave about Michael Tutsie and how he might've been their best special teamer had he been able to play last year. Given how he played in the spring and having another year to progress I get the feeling he'd start at S at just about any other MVFC school.

In a word the defensive secondary is just:

I could go on and on about how excited I am with the build of this team right now. When did the last group of Bohl recruits leave? I'm pretty sure Stick committed the year Bohl left, and Klieman and Co had to keep them committed, right? Look at the size of these Sr and Jr classes, tons of talented guys sticking around and creating some depth that we haven't seen at NDSU ever. Klieman and Entz have got to be licking their chops at the opportunity to coach this defensive group.

Also, as far as special team concerns, it sounds like it's a huge emphasis of this camp. If we can stay healthy, I see improvements in every area. It helps that Roehl is getting involved with that group too.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One position group that doesn't get a lot of chatter that I think is also going to be rock solid is the secondary.... particularly Marquise Bridges. With the way he stepped in last year for the SHSU and JMU games I think he might be the best corner on the team by the end of this year, Jalen Allison included. We all know what Allison can do as a 3 year starter and 4 year contributor. Grimsley is on about every first team AA list. And Wimbush and Hendricks tag teaming at FS and nickel is about as solid as it gets as well. Hayes and Davis both showed at the end of last year that they can hold their own if forced into action. Klieman continues to rave about Michael Tutsie and how he might've been their best special teamer had he been able to play last year. Given how he played in the spring and having another year to progress I get the feeling he'd start at S at just about any other MVFC school.

In a word the defensive secondary is just:

It's not getting a lot of chatter? Lol d'ohk.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Spoke with a friend of mine that was invited to practice today with several other boosters. Things that stood out to him.

1)The line is huge.
    2)Trey Lance is going to be great!
    3)Very impressed with Christian Watson

I know, probably not anything new as far as updates go, but it's cool to hear from someone that is at a practice that isn't from the media. Sounds like there were about 40 or so boosters, and the coaches spoke with them for a bit too. Coaches are constantly trying to raise the standard, talked about guys coming back from last year with weight increases, and also spoke about areas they are focusing on with recruiting.