Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fall Camp

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    That is just stupid!!!! Our defensive line is absolutely loaded!!!

And I love we have 10 spots on the 2 deep for the oline and no one shows up twice.

This team is DEEP!!!
    All upper classmen too, that's nuts.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This defense looks sick, never thought I'd see a D with better potential than what we had in '13, but damn.... Jackson Hankey on the two deep at linebacker, Beck 2.0?

We can mass sub our whole Dline without a major drop off. Talk about ability to wear a oline down. Ohhhhhhyaaaa

How about the TEs that aren't listed on the two-deep? Yikes.

Glad to see Ty Brooks is listed and reported he is healed. From the Forum: Brooks hurt his shoulder in the FCS semifinal win over Sam Houston State and missed the title game against James Madison. He was cleared to play a week before the spring game, but sat it out anyway. He's fully healthy.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    This defense looks sick, never thought I'd see a D with better potential than what we had in '13, but damn.... Jackson Hankey on the two deep at linebacker, Beck 2.0?
    Beck played a completely different position and both players have completely different skill set. Hankey is more of a tough guy base defense middle linebacker who will leave the field on passing downs. Beck is the speedy outside linebacker who can run like a deer and cover. In a perfect world, Jack Begley emerges. The kid can run.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In a perfect world, Jack Begley emerges. The kid can run.
    The Decula of Becks.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The Decula of Becks.
    You must explain this!

I wouldn't put too much stock into the depth chart. Historically, the upper class man are listed at the top.

A few random thoughs.

- I love the fact Jaxon Brown is playing linebacker. The kid is one hell of an athlete but looking at the depth we have at safety, this makes perfect sense. He's got decent speed at safety but at linebacker he's faster than hell.

- Our O-line is NFL big. Not just fat 300 pound fatties either. Tall, lean, and athletic.

- Our cornerback depth is the best since 2012-2013

- Our DE depth is silly good. There will be injuries and more guys will play but next year when we lose 3 seniors, we got Spencer Waege, Tanner Sundt, and Logan McCormick plus with Ogbu and with Tony Pierce red shirting, they get to lean from some great players.

- Curious to see how the backup DT spot goes behind Aaron Steidl and Blake Williams. Will this be a breakout year for guys like Darnell and Karcz or will they get pushed by younger guys like Lane Tucker, Michael Kelly, Quinn Alo, or Biegler?

- Middle linebacker is my biggest concern. Marlette is a stud but he's coming off a knee injury. I haven't seen enough but I don't know if any of our middle linebackers are great in coverage. Will we go nickel? Will we move someone like Jabril to the middle on passing downs? How is the development of Jack Begley coming along?

- Tight Ends - You can only list 2 on the depth chart but believe me, our young TE's will get their opportunities.

- Wide receiver is the biggest question mark on offense. We really need Dallas Freeman and Desmond Cain to emerge this year. If both of those guys go out with a bang, we are set. But call it a gut feeling, but Dimitri Williams is just due to do something big and I think he's going to have some sort of swiss army knife type role. Senior year. He is the best athlete of the group and he added 13 pounds this off season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into the depth chart. Historically, the upper class man are listed at the top.

A few random thoughs.

- I love the fact Jaxon Brown is playing linebacker. The kid is one hell of an athlete but looking at the depth we have at safety, this makes perfect sense. He's got decent speed at safety but at linebacker he's faster than hell.

- Our O-line is NFL big. Not just fat 300 pound fatties either. Tall, lean, and athletic.

- Our cornerback depth is the best since 2012-2013

- Our DE depth is silly good. There will be injuries and more guys will play but next year when we lose 3 seniors, we got Spencer Waege, Tanner Sundt, and Logan McCormick plus with Ogbu and with Tony Pierce red shirting, they get to lean from some great players.

- Curious to see how the backup DT spot goes behind Aaron Steidl and Blake Williams. Will this be a breakout year for guys like Darnell and Karcz or will they get pushed by younger guys like Lane Tucker, Michael Kelly, Quinn Alo, or Biegler?

- Middle linebacker is my biggest concern. Marlette is a stud but he's coming off a knee injury. I haven't seen enough but I don't know if any of our middle linebackers are great in coverage. Will we go nickel? Will we move someone like Jabril to the middle on passing downs? How is the development of Jack Begley coming along?

- Tight Ends - You can only list 2 on the depth chart but believe me, our young TE's will get their opportunities.

- Wide receiver is the biggest question mark on offense. We really need Dallas Freeman and Desmond Cain to emerge this year. If both of those guys go out with a bang, we are set. But call it a gut feeling, but Dimitri Williams is just due to do something big and I think he's going to have some sort of swiss army knife type role. Senior year. He is the best athlete of the group and he added 13 pounds this off season
    These two are tied together. Coach said in his presser he wants to get Jabril work in the middle. Also thinks that Jaxon plays better close to the line of scrimmage.