Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fall Camp

Default Re: 2018 Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Marcus was a bit of a liability as well. There's no one else I'd rather have out there in bison history because he was such a game changer, but he did gamble and lose from time to time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Heagle wasnt a liability in coverage because he made risky picks. He was a liability because he wasnt very fast. One of my all time favorite players but he was basically a 4th linebacker

Grimsley can fly.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Heagle was kind of a liability in coverage but his tackling was legendary.

Grimsley is one of the most dynamic strong safeties we've ever had. He covers like a corner, has crazy UND speed, and his tackling has evolved from meh to above average. His best football will be played this year.
    I Lol'd at that one haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Marcus was a bit of a liability as well. There's no one else I'd rather have out there in bison history because he was such a game changer, but he did gamble and lose from time to time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

M Will was a Liability?? haha screw off with that. the best player in NDSU history. changed the face of the program with his attitude, swagger, winning !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    M Will was a Liability?? haha screw off with that. the best player in NDSU history. changed the face of the program with his attitude, swagger, winning !!

Now that is some funny stuff, he’s isn’t even top 20 material as far as best Bison ever. LOL

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Seriously, dude. I love MWill too but he wasn't even our best corner in 2013. He dropped off a bit that year. I remember teams going after him because the other side was shut down and MWill took a lot of chances.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    First team OL averages 6'5" 306, second team averages 6'5" 307, that's 10 offensive linemen averaging 6'5" 306.5. The Rams are going to be awesome.
    I went over to Cal Poly and looked at their roster and none of their 10 D-linemen are returning starters. Two or three are Juco transfers. They have a couple of 300 pounders, but they only average 263. Of course, they say they can get by with smaller players because by going to Cal Poly they are smarter. I think that if our running game gets going this could get ugly.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I went over to Cal Poly and looked at their roster and none of their 10 D-linemen are returning starters. Two or three are Juco transfers. They have a couple of 300 pounders, but they only average 263. Of course, they say they can get by with smaller players because by going to Cal Poly they are smarter. I think that if our running game gets going this could get ugly.
    That's the beauty of the option. If you dont have the talented lineman, you can get by with undersized players who can pull.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's the beauty of the option. If you dont have the talented lineman, you can get by with undersized players who can pull.
    Right, but I don't think being smaller helps their D-line much.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Dunno... that's bigger than NDSU's defensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dunno... that's bigger than NDSU's defensive line.
    Actually, (assuming my calculations are correct) although there are no 300 pounders the Bison two deep averages 263 as well. The big difference would hopefully be their lack of experience.
    Paul Fix