Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You just broke the Bisonville Snap-o-meter.

I know some of the references are pretty hard to get - especially ones from 10 years ago so here's what CM was referring to: https://www.yankton.net/sports/artic...9db0e3e34.html
    Wow that article does not age well....... lol

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You just broke the Bisonville Snap-o-meter.

I know some of the references are pretty hard to get - especially ones from 10 years ago so here's what CM was referring to: https://www.yankton.net/sports/artic...9db0e3e34.html
    QB leaves the game with a concussion because he cant remember plays only to go back in during the same game. By today's standards, Stigelmeier and the whole medical staff would be fired. Times sure change in a decade. I remember that game. Had we won, we had an outside chance to make the playoffs with 7 wins. Like every team in front of us with a non automatic bid lost that day

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Wow that article does not age well....... lol
    Wow, pretty crazy. Only 10 yrs ago.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If kids are transferring because of trouble, we don't need them and no need to discuss. However, if you are leaving a FBS team because of lack of playing time and opportunity, where would you transfer to? Going to NDSU may mean you have just as much trouble getting playing time. You might figure its better to transfer to a team with less depth and talent if you want to be sure to play.
    Last edited by KC Bison; 08-04-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    It is quite apparent each and every week we play, that transfers are very much a part of FCS football. A lot of kids try FBS and for one reason or another end up playing in the Valley. Not sitting out a year, competitive league, good brand of football, with several very good coaches. Listening to the insiders recently they talked about the transfers that Youngstown has taken in this year. Two 4 star TE's from Ohio State and PItt, a transfer QB from Notre Dame. The Illinois schools are covered with FBS transfers. Personally, I like transfers and have advocated for them a lot on here in the past. Now before you freak out, I like one here and there. Our WR transfer from Illinois has been a great fit. Great kid. Professional family, made sure he was a great fit prior to him coming. That is the type of kid we want. THe Pitt transfer was recently kicked off Pitts Roster. That smells.

That brings me to SDSU. When did Stig completely stop caring? Last year he got his very publicized DUI arrest. Clearly not ideal. That is a career limiting move at a lot of schools, and personally I thought he may be on his best behavior post arrest. Well, the first kid he signed after that arrest was Banks. Who was kicked out of NC State for selling drugs. You can google it if you would like. Honestly I hope the kid cleaned up his act as that isn't an ideal resume builder for a young man. This week they added the Iowa Transfer who was so disruptive at Iowa (his home state) that his teammates voted to have him removed from the team. Again, maybe a great kid, but was in a bad spot in life. Very public DUI, but if all of the truth comes out on his release it won't be thrilling. Not saying he doesn't deserve a great life, just saying that when did SDSU become a place to take on what at least on paper appear to be trouble makers. Stig took on a troubled recruit two years ago, I mentioned it, was told by Jack fans I was wrong, well he has already left the team. Personally, I think Stig wants to win one so bad he is turning things over to a very young and aggressive staff. They are willing to oversell Brookings and it has led to a crazy high attrition rate. Clearly the Omaha connection that Dan Jackson has tried to build has been an epic disaster as they flat out leave Brookings every year. Alarming rate of #Nebraskajacks leave.

There are as many GREAT transfer stories as there are negative ones, some teams are forced to deal with them. If I was SIU or Western, I would try anything as they stink and have stunk for years. Well, SIU was actually great before Lennon tore them down.

WHo are your favorite transfers in the league this year? There are so many studs. Mostly at skill positions. I hope Cain has a wonderful year for us at WR. He has fit in nicely. I hope we stay on the lookout for more. But, clearly our bread and butter is high school recruiting which we are dominating at. Just a topic I was discussing recently with a bunch of guys and then the Insiders conversation made me think more about it. There is probably an all star team of transfers in the Valley. One guy mentioned to me that NDSU is really the only team with media. So a lot of this stuff is not covered or cared about. NDSU fans are loyal and nuts. There is a ton of media that covers this. If NDSU took on trouble, it would be a huge talker. SDSU has no media. None. They have a super fan who tweets at kids and is their biggest fan, but he isn't media and is scared to publicly question Stig or anything SDSU. Can you imagine if we took on the kid who was caught selling drugs? Call it a second chance all you want.

WHo are your favorite transfers in the valley?
    Wasn’t it a few years back that NDSU players/captains voted to have a player removed from a roster and the NDSU coaches
    kept him around. You were fine with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Wasn’t it a few years back that NDSU players/captains voted to have a player removed from a roster and the NDSU coaches
    kept him around. You were fine with that?
    You're going to have to be more specific. I don't remember hearing about this.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Truth.................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Of course you didn’t hear about it, the kid was never dismissed from the team. He was a starter. Burgundy will remember, which is why his post is ironic cause he PM’d me about the kid deserving another chance at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Of course you didn’t hear about it, the kid was never dismissed from the team. He was a starter. Burgundy will remember, which is why his post is ironic cause he PM’d me about the kid deserving another chance at the time.
    If it was a private message, then why are you making it public? Worldwide, there is a lot of stuff that goes on within organizations that never makes it to the public. The issue you are bringing up sounds like an inner family struggle. I witness a similar issue in wrestling, and in the end the coaches were right as that the final decision helped us win the 2007 World Championships.
    Hail the BISON!!!

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If it was a private message, then why are you making it public? Worldwide, there is a lot of stuff that goes on within organizations that never makes it to the public. The issue you are bringing up sounds like an inner family struggle. I witness a similar issue in wrestling, and in the end the coaches were right as that the final decision helped us win the 2007 World Championships.
    Well I'm not in the Grizzled/Burgundy PM club, and I heard about it. So it was out there to some extent. Grizzled does ask a good question for Burgundy though.