Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Default Re: Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    What tweets are you referring to just wondering.
    @Coach_Eck

Should call the HS coach of the Ohio WR we offered last year. Trouble in Columbus...lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'm assuming the guys who rely on transfers aren't planning on staying at the FCS level long. Just use it as a stepping stone to get to the next level.
    I am not sure about that. I think for a lot of coaches it looks like a quick fix rather than taking the time to develop players ie., a quick way to build up their program to beat NDSU. It is "The future is now" philosophy of George Allen. Some transfers may get in trouble and transfer or get kicked out and some are far down on the depth chart and are not getting playing time (like the Alabama transfer to Montana). Others are not talented enough to be FBS players in the first place. We have been beating teams who are loaded with them for years now (SHSU, ISU-R, and JSU for example).
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I like transfers if it's a good fit. Preferably a 3 year year transfer like King Frazier. I think its important that transfers are a good system fit (think Chad Wilson / John Pike) and it's a position that has a fast learning curve.

As far as other schools, I dont pay close enough attention

Maybe Stiegelmeir was looking for a drinking buddy to pound the Joose with?
    When I think of transfers I think of the FBS kind that Burgundy mentioned, not the JC kind like Pike and Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am not sure about that. I think for a lot of coaches it looks like a quick fix rather than taking the time to develop players ie., a quick way to build up their program to beat NDSU. It is "The future is now" philosophy of George Allen. Some transfers may get in trouble and transfer or get kicked out and some are far down on the depth chart and are not getting playing time (like the Alabama transfer to Montana). Others are not talented enough to be FBS players in the first place. We have been beating teams who are loaded with them for years now (SHSU, ISU-R, and JSU for example).
    Same athletes we beat at Ball State, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Same athletes we beat at Ball State, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Iowa.
    Great point. And in some cases, the players on those teams were even better than the transfers.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

[QUOTE=Mr. Burgundy;1288674 Stig took on a troubled recruit two years ago, I mentioned it, was told by Jack fans I was wrong, well he has already left the team.
    [/QUOTE]
    Are you referring to Urbanek here? Because he left because of concussion issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Are you referring to Urbanek here? Because he left because of concussion issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stig allows that?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Stig allows that?
    You just broke the Bisonville Snap-o-meter.

I know some of the references are pretty hard to get - especially ones from 10 years ago so here's what CM was referring to: https://www.yankton.net/sports/artic...9db0e3e34.html
    Last edited by tony; 08-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    When I think of transfers I think of the FBS kind that Burgundy mentioned, not the JC kind like Pike and Wilson.
    I hear ya but to me it's all about the number of years not jc or FBS. Heck Cam Newton was a juco

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com