9 8.74%
  • Other

7 6.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want as next HC?

Default Who do you want as next HC?

Who's your pick?

Default Re: Who do you want as next HC?

Messingham needs to be an option in this poll.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easy, bring in top candidates from all over the country outside of the program. Treat them like recruits, host them, let them watch the game from a suit. Then after we stomp the bunnies have borat come out and say "na na na, you will not get this!" Very nice!

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hayden Fox was great for the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles. I would love to see him make a comeback.
    The fella that watches the CFL

The poll should be... if it's not matt entz... who would you want as coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Polasek then Entz. Love both.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As good as Hazelton is as a coach, I don't feel like he is a good candidate. He has sure moved all over since he left here in 2011.

USC in 2012, Nevada in 2013, Jaguars 2014-2016, and Wyoming 2017.

Part of me feels the same way about Polasek. NDSU 2006-2012, NIU 2013, NDSU 2014-2016, Iowa 2017.

Just feels like these guys are always looking for the next step. Which they should in order to accomplish goals. I feel like if we hire Entz, he would be around awhile to prove himself as a head coach. Which I guess hind sight 20/20 could be said the same about Polasek and Hazelton.

But I am also a guy that thinks Curt Mallory deserves a look.

Tyler Roehl.

I want pelini for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    As good as Hazelton is as a coach, I don't feel like he is a good candidate. He has sure moved all over since he left here in 2011.

USC in 2012, Nevada in 2013, Jaguars 2014-2016, and Wyoming 2017.

Part of me feels the same way about Polasek. NDSU 2006-2012, NIU 2013, NDSU 2014-2016, Iowa 2017.

Just feels like these guys are always looking for the next step. Which they should in order to accomplish goals. I feel like if we hire Entz, he would be around awhile to prove himself as a head coach. Which I guess hind sight 20/20 could be said the same about Polasek and Hazelton.

But I am also a guy that thinks Curt Mallory deserves a look.

I agree with you in theory.

In practice we just have to get used to the fact that NDSU is a stepping stone for a great coach. We aren't going to get a guy who stays for 25+ years and get's a stadium named after him and a statue in the entryway. We can't compete with Wyoming in terms of salary, let alone P5's.

IMO the best we can do is keep future hires from inside the culture and hope for the best. But if we go away from guys like Hazelton simply because we're afraid he'll jump ship then we're just going to end up with a coach who will be forced to the walk the plank instead.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes