Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 USD Single Game Tickets

Default Re: 2018 USD Single Game Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
    Many USD fans are fairweather, but it is slowly getting better. Guessing the admin is giving fans more time because they know Bison fans will gobble them up either way. You can call that incompetence or them trying to get a little more red in the dome because it will be filled either way. I offered to get you tickets, but you can already get them. Sounds like you need a Snickers.
    Sounds like you need an economics lesson. Demand isn't created out of thin air. Neither you nor SDSU can sell out your stadiums, nobody can but NDSU. If all these goofy tricks everybody does to keep the only people willing to buy those seats ends up screwing you in the end, so be it.

Look at UNI, they jacked the prices up so high, they were 3/4 full for the NDSU game. I never planned on going so I have no stake here.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

USD fans have a history of being walk-up day of game fans too. The morning before tickets went on sale to the general public I looked at picking up some extra tickets. I went to the ticket site to see what was available. It was very, very sparse. With a week plus change left until game day I have no doubt this will be a sell out.

BTW, students get free tickets to the game. It's part of their activities package. They pick them up at the MUC and not all students are able to get tickets to every game if it's a hot ticket, which the NDSU game will be a hot ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Neither you nor SDSU can sell out your stadiums, nobody can but NDSU.
    Agree with your sentiments, but, in fairness, SDSU's scam last year worked. (For the record, I was shocked.) Yes, they had to get corporate buyers, but they did sell it out. Further, those seats were filled; no Alerus style fans disguised as seats. So, while I still hate it, I can't put SDSU as low as USD, plus USD "invented" this crap before SDSU copied them.

Thus, USD are the bigger losers.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agree with your sentiments, but, in fairness, SDSU's scam last year worked. (For the record, I was shocked.) Yes, they had to get corporate buyers, but they did sell it out. Further, those seats were filled; no Alerus style fans disguised as seats. So, while I still hate it, I can't put SDSU as low as USD, plus USD "invented" this crap before SDSU copied them.

That's still a gimmick.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OK, so how did Larsen Windows distribute the tickets they bought? Obviously if there were people in the seats the tickets somehow got handed out.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    OK, so how did Larsen Windows distribute the tickets they bought? Obviously if there were people in the seats the tickets somehow got handed out.
    I don't know how they pulled it off, but they did pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Sounds like you need an economics lesson. Demand isn't created out of thin air. Neither you nor SDSU can sell out your stadiums, nobody can but NDSU. If all these goofy tricks everybody does to keep the only people willing to buy those seats ends up screwing you in the end, so be it.

Look at UNI, they jacked the prices up so high, they were 3/4 full for the NDSU game. I never planned on going so I have no stake here.
    Roughly the same amount of tickets would be sold either way as it will be a sell out or very close, but thanks for the worthless econ lesson. USD is averaging 9.5k sold tickets in a 10k stadium. When USD adds seats to the dome and uses this same method resulting in thousands of unsold tickets I will agree with you.

Roughly the same amount of tickets would be sold either way as it will be a sell out or very close, but thanks for the worthless econ lesson. USD is averaging 9.5k sold tickets in a 10k stadium. When USD adds seats to the dome and uses this same method resulting in thousands of unsold tickets I will agree with you.
    You guys should buy less buzzy lights.

Don't add seats. That's what SDSU did. You've reached your ceiling.

Apologies. I forgot how small that dump is. Yes, you almost sell out a very small building. You still wouldn't have done that without opposing fans buying 10-30% of your tickets.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I don't know how they pulled it off, but they did pull it off.
    That had to have been a pane...

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)