Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    Didn't you have to have a dish or cable provider to get ESPN3? Now with ESPN+ cable cutters can get ESPN programming without having a dish or cable provider....am I correct on that?
    DirecTV Now also got you into ESPN3.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    Didn't you have to have a dish or cable provider to get ESPN3? Now with ESPN+ cable cutters can get ESPN programming without having a dish or cable provider....am I correct on that?
    Key point is it appears all MVFC games are leaving ESPN3 for ESPN+ which is new. ESPN3 is provided by many ISPs and services like Direct TV Now and Sling TV. ESPN+ is a pay service so the old ways won't help.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    ESPN+ is just another way for ESPN to make money off something everyone was already paying for. $4.99 isn't the end of the world and i'll probably get it but it's kinda dumb how ESPN pretty much put a stranglehold on internet providers to all make sure they have access to ESPN 3 and now we're paying for the product again. That's my understanding anyway.
    So all the cable internet providers had to pay ESPN to get ESPN3, which the internet provider then passed on the cost to all the internet customers.
    Now thats not enough for ESPN......... Now you have to pay 5 bucks a month to get ESPN+

so ESPN+ Let me get this straight?
    -Does almost nothing for exposure
    -Cost extra money for a product we already paid for in the past

Why is MVFC doing nothing about this? I think it's time to stream are own games online. I rather my 5 bucks go to MVFC or NDSU than ESPN?
    Heck why doesn't KVLY just broadcast a stream rather than giving it away to ESPN.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    So all the cable internet providers had to pay ESPN to get ESPN3, which the internet provider then passed on the cost to all the internet customers.
    Now thats not enough for ESPN......... Now you have to pay 5 bucks a month to get ESPN+

Why is MVFC doing nothing about this? I think it's time to stream are own games online. I rather my 5 bucks go to MVFC or NDSU than ESPN?
    Heck why doesn't KVLY just broadcast a stream rather than giving it away to ESPN.
    Many ISPs won't give you ESPN3 if you don't get cable TV from them, that's been my experience anyway.

I'll consider ESPN+. I'd never consider paying for cable TV.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post

I have been watching Bison Games consistently on the ESPN3 since 2012. and ESPN has been steadily increasing the monetization (as in commercials) from zero in 12 and 13 to last season where commercial were bleed over the commercial break and into the first play or two after the break... as in they were monetizing the shit out of NDSU games... other MVFC games are not drawing advertisers -- just my observation. So ESPN is trying to make some money off NDSU's games.

What is my point? I thought I have heard and read that Boise State has a different agreement with ESPN than the rest of the MWC... they get more media rights revenue because they have a much larger national following than other MWC teams. Why can't NDSU have a different media rights deal than the rest of the MWC? I had heard Matt Larson mention on 1660 that NDSU is one of the top games streamed on ESPN3, I would think we would have some leverage to get a better media rights deal with ESPN... it would make me feel a lot better about my $4.95 per month.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like my question has been answered. Really shitty that ESPN is killing ESPN3 which my DirecTV subscription paid for in favor of a stand alone site that I need to pay $5 for.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    Looks like my question has been answered. Really shitty that ESPN is killing ESPN3 which my DirecTV subscription paid for in favor of a stand alone site that I need to pay $5 for.
    So can we order ESPN Plus thru Direct TV?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    I guess that's one way to look at it. On the other hand, it's five bucks. If you would have told me ten years ago that I could sit on my couch (or anywhere really) and pick from dozens of FCS football games I would have been shocked and overjoyed.

My situation is a little different. I recently cut the cable, so getting ESPN+ for $5 is the best news I've heard recently. Unless I'm missing something, I can still get all of these games I want for nearly free. The only thing I'll miss is "major college" games that might be on ESPN or ESPN2 that will not be covered on ESPN+. I'll still get several games over the air if I really want to see a big game on ESPN I can always head to a sports bar.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I guess that's one way to look at it. On the other hand, it's five bucks. If you would have told me ten years ago that I could sit on my couch (or anywhere really) and pick from dozens of FCS football games I would have been shocked and overjoyed.

My situation is a little different. I recently cut the cable, so getting ESPN+ for $5 is the best news I've heard recently. Unless I'm missing something, I can still get all of these games I want for nearly free. The only thing I'll miss is "major college" games that might be on ESPN or ESPN2 that will not be covered on ESPN+. I'll still get several games over the air if I really want to see a big game on ESPN I can always head to a sports bar.
    If you are using a TV streaming service like DirecTV Now, you should be able to still watch all those games either through the service app itself or logging into Watch ESPN and with your streaming service ID.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Can I get espn+ on my apple box?