Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Which one do I buy.
    Get the Roku Ultra. We just got it this summer to watch the Twins and it's been perfect. Our two-year old Firestick was really terrible.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thanks. Plus I used Amazon Smile. TM will get some money from the purchase.
    That's the one I use also.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I can't even find the WatchESPN app on my Roku anymore. Looks like all ESPN video goes through the ESPN app there now.
    ESPN integrated it into their regular app a while back. ESPN+ app? I don't believe that ever existed as everything is available in the ESPN app.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    ESPN integrated it into their regular app a while back. ESPN+ app? I don't believe that ever existed as everything is available in the ESPN app.
    I've always used my Chromecast with WatchESPN because it's search feature was better than the Rokus. Didn't notice it when Roku killed the app but it's gone now and all integrated into the ESPN app along with the ESPN+ content. Search feature still looks non existent though.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Get the Roku Ultra. We just got it this summer to watch the Twins and it's been perfect. Our two-year old Firestick was really terrible.
    I've had generally the opposite experience. The app UI has generally been better on Firestick compared to Roku. Some of the reason is Amazon is a lot more open with it's technology than Roku (per a friend who is an engineer at Roku). My Roku has worked just fine, but I prefer the app UI on the Firestick better. I recommend getting at least one of each and determining which one you like best.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've always used the ESPN app on my phone or tablet to connect directly to my Chromecast, works pretty easy, and I like easy.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With the bigger nationally televised games I've had issues streaming. Cuts out, poor picture quality, etc. Not sure if it's the app, ESPN, my internet connection, or just the fact so many people are streaming a particular game (MNF, larger college games, things like that).

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    With the bigger nationally televised games I've had issues streaming. Cuts out, poor picture quality, etc. Not sure if it's the app, ESPN, my internet connection, or just the fact so many people are streaming a particular game (MNF, larger college games, things like that).
    Huh, that's odd. If other games on ESPN+ are OK, that kind of sounds like some big ISP decided to throttle the connection.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Huh, that's odd. If other games on ESPN+ are OK, that kind of sounds like some big ISP decided to throttle the connection.
    Seems like all the Bison games I've watched have been fine for the most part. From what I remember anyway.

Just a reminder to all that you are generally best off to hard wire your streaming connections for optimum performance, particularly if you have obstructions between your TV and router. It is not as hard as you may think; MoCA adapters work right through your cable lines and give the speed you need.