Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    One thing to keep in mind with local broadcasting contracts is that very often they will over pay for something the the Bison games because they will be seen favorably by those in the region and can potentially drive further viewership in turn raise the value of all their ad slots. I'm not saying it makes up a huge portion of that 1.2 million buy I highly doubt they're making money on that deal directly.

In reality there is no way of knowing potential streaming rights value without having the slightest clue how many devices are showing NDSU games every week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think the 1.2 m also includes the rest of the state affiliates. Fox over bid for the NFL in its early days but it ended up being a brilliant move and totally paid dividends.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    YOu know....I will be bummed if its not on espn college extra for directv. We just renegotiated with directv and got my sports pack for $3 until december. and its nice to have the games on DVR. But I think it still will be on those channels.

Having said that...its 4 months. $20

I still remember the days post college when I had to wait until mondays star trib to get the score, then a few years later only audio streaming. Now I watch the Bison in my living room. I still kind of shake my head in disbelief about that. I can deal with $20 if I have to.
    Teach -- as you know, College Extra was on channels 788-793. If you check your guide now, there are NO channels between 749 and 799 anymore. So I'm pretty sure they're gone...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Teach -- as you know, College Extra was on channels 788-793. If you check your guide now, there are NO channels between 749 and 799 anymore. So I'm pretty sure they're gone...
    I was looking on Midco today and it still says ESPN3 included with internet packages. I wonder if that is true or not.
    it will cost me $ 60 a year to add it to my ROKU Tv, which is still way better than the Direct TV package at $ 107.36 per month.
    Guess I will have to make some calls this weekend..

Valley games that are televised will only be on ESPN+ this year, no other outlets besides local TV where available.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but i got an e-mail a few days back indicating that ESPN+ would be provided to ESPN insiders. If anyone is an insider, then i would check it out, because you may already have access to ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but i got an e-mail a few days back indicating that ESPN+ would be provided to ESPN insiders. If anyone is an insider, then i would check it out, because you may already have access to ESPN+
    That sucks, I pay for both....those bastards!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I was looking on Midco today and it still says ESPN3 included with internet packages. I wonder if that is true or not.
    it will cost me $ 60 a year to add it to my ROKU Tv, which is still way better than the Direct TV package at $ 107.36 per month.
    Guess I will have to make some calls this weekend..
    ....ESPN3 is NOT the same thing as ESPN+.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ....ESPN3 is NOT the same thing as ESPN+.
    I think he was having the same thoughts as I was...I thought ESPN3 was turning into ESPN+ so why would Midco be promoting ESPN3 still? But apparently they will co-exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I think he was having the same thoughts as I was...I thought ESPN3 was turning into ESPN+ so why would Midco be promoting ESPN3 still? But apparently they will co-exist?
    Yes it is very clear they will coexist at least for now. I think ESPN is trying to figure out how not to hose the internet service providers paying them to provide ESPN3.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yes it is very clear they will coexist at least for now. I think ESPN is trying to figure out how not to hose the internet service providers paying them to provide ESPN3.
    If they wanted to get ahead of all of his, they would just allow the ESPN app to be full subscription. Give the cutters a full non-cable option.
    Looking good Billy Ray!