Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Oh well $5 a month for 3 months isn't going to kill me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting that the only MVFC game of the week that is on ESPN+ vs ESPN3 is NDSU's game.

When Patty V inks that big time money making TV contract for the MVFC, just remember this fact and which team drives the viewership and split the contract earnings accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Oh well $5 a month for 3 months isn't going to kill me.
    Playoffs?

10char

edit: Dom says he has a question in with ESPN about how the playoffs will be covered, especially first 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'll be interested to see if this is the same for all MVFC games that used to be on ESPN3. Dome mentioned that 13 MVFC games are "on ESPN" and 43 are on ESPN+. I'd assume "on ESPN" means on ESPN3. Since I believe NDSU provides the NDNBC content to ESPN free of charge it would definitely seem as though ESPN will have monetized their MVFC contract more than ever which should hopefully lead to more money as part of that contract or some sort of extra revenue source for NDSU if not since it would drive more ESPN+ subscriptions for them.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Playoffs?

10char

edit: Dom says he has a question in with ESPN about how the playoffs will be covered, especially first 2 rounds.
    I'm guessing playoffs will still be on ESPN3 since the ESPN+ was a deal with the conference.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

4.99 FOR no ADS, rejoice for anyone outside of ND TV viewing get it Sept 1st and Cancel Nov. 18th, $15.00 not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'll be interested to see if this is the same for all MVFC games that used to be on ESPN3. Dome mentioned that 13 MVFC games are "on ESPN" and 43 are on ESPN+. I'd assume "on ESPN" means on ESPN3. Since I believe NDSU provides the NDNBC content to ESPN free of charge it would definitely seem as though ESPN will have monetized their MVFC contract more than ever which should hopefully lead to more money as part of that contract or some sort of extra revenue source for NDSU if not since it would drive more ESPN+ subscriptions for them.
    Again, as I previously posted, I'm not so sure this is true. Since ESPN covers NBC/VNL commercials with their own cloud based commercials during breaks, they (ESPN) might have to reimburse NBC/VNL, or their sponsors, in some kind of fashion.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Again, as I previously posted, I'm not so sure this is true. Since ESPN covers NBC/VNL commercials with their own cloud based commercials during breaks, they (ESPN) might have to reimburse NBC/VNL, or their sponsors, in some kind of fashion.
    Could be. It may have just been message board speculation but I though I had heard NDSU doesn't charge ESPN anything to put the games on ESPN3.... it's more about giving out of market fans the ability to watch games without costing NDSU anything extra. Regardless how small it would be encouraging if NDSU is able to get something out of ESPN for this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    4.99 FOR no ADS, rejoice for anyone outside of ND TV viewing get it Sept 1st and Cancel Nov. 18th, $15.00 not too bad
    Probably true, but does anyone know where FCS playoffs will be? (yes, we know they will be in Fargo; thinking folks who can't come) (and now see same question above)

Why do the wabbits get some ESPN3 games?