Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

I’m using Apple TV which uses location services so a VPN doesn’t fool it. Beyond that I want a VPN on a router and from my basic understanding of it I’d need to flash the router that comes with my rental to get that and that has the chance to brick it. I just want to wait until I’m in my own home before messing around with all of that. That should be early October.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    I’m using Apple TV which uses location services so a VPN doesn’t fool it. Beyond that I want a VPN on a router and from my basic understanding of it I’d need to flash the router that comes with my rental to get that and that has the chance to brick it. I just want to wait until I’m in my own home before messing around with all of that. That should be early October.
    You're overthinking it.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ap...le-tv-3670416/
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Well this is potentially very good news for me. I recently retired to Mexico and I've been trying to figure out how I was going to watch the Bison games. For TV I'm using an IPTV source which gets me over 600 channels but no ESPN3. The only question will be whether the content on ESPN+ can be shown in Mexico? I had DirecTV Now when I moved down but quickly discovered all channels where blocked here so I moved to IPTV which I love other than no DVR. Cheap and tons of channels.

I'm currently living in a rental while I have my colonial home renovated. Once I'm in my actual home I'll have a VPN but I currently don't in the rental. Anybody able to venture an educated guess as to whether ESPN+ content can be shown in Mexico? I’d think there is a chance since ESPN owns the content unlike DirecTV which is only redistributing someone else’s content.
    I did a test to see if ESPN+ works in Mexico and apparently it isn’t offered there. Here are two screenshots of the test:

Apparently, they use ESPN Play instead and my DirecTV Now account doesn’t work with it.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    So all the cable internet providers had to pay ESPN to get ESPN3, which the internet provider then passed on the cost to all the internet customers.
    Now thats not enough for ESPN......... Now you have to pay 5 bucks a month to get ESPN+

so ESPN+ Let me get this straight?
    -Does almost nothing for exposure
    -Cost extra money for a product we already paid for in the past

Why is MVFC doing nothing about this? I think it's time to stream are own games online. I rather my 5 bucks go to MVFC or NDSU than ESPN?
    Heck why doesn't KVLY just broadcast a stream rather than giving it away to ESPN.
    I agree, it's a garbage deal. ESPN plus will have a fraction of the viewers ESPN3 has. I would be looking for other options in the future. Would be nice for the conference to earn an actual penny for providing content that helps ESPN plus

NDSU makes more money from Bison 1660 than ESPN+
    The same with KVLY and Midco who pay is good money for our content.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree, it's a garbage deal. ESPN plus will have a fraction of the viewers ESPN3 has. I would be looking for other options in the future. Would be nice for the conference to earn an actual penny for providing content that helps ESPN plus

NDSU makes more money from Bison 1660 than ESPN+
    The same with KVLY and Midco who pay is good money for our content.
    You do realize that the feed shown on ESPN3 and now ESPN+ usually comes from KVLY/VNL? The only difference is that when VNL goes to a commercial break, ESPN cuts to a commercial cloud service that only shows ESPN commercials.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I had tried the DNS fix and it worked for some Apps but not DirecTV Now. It requires Location Services to be turned on. I'm not sure how Location Services fully works but from what I understand it isn't using the location of the server your internet feed is coming from. Thanks for trying though! The good news is it led to me researching IPTV which gives me over 600 channels, tons of on demand movies, HBO/Showtime, etc. It has some limitations but at $13 per month I can live with them. I just need to find a way to get ESPN+!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I did a test to see if ESPN+ works in Mexico and apparently it isn’t offered there. Here are two screenshots of the test:

Apparently, they use ESPN Play instead and my DirecTV Now account doesn’t work with it.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Interesting. Thanks for looking!

Interesting. Thanks for looking!
    VPN should work as EZ mentioned.

I had tried the DNS fix and it worked for some Apps but not DirecTV Now. It requires Location Services to be turned on. I'm not sure how Location Services fully works but from what I understand it isn't using the location of the server your internet feed is coming from. Thanks for trying though! The good news is it led to me researching IPTV which gives me over 600 channels, tons of on demand movies, HBO/Showtime, etc. It has some limitations but at $13 per month I can live with them. I just need to find a way to get ESPN+!
    ...that was the way to get ESPN+ lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    VPN should work as EZ mentioned.
    +1.0000000000