Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Can I get espn+ on my apple box?
    If you have the subscription, you access ESPN+ through the ESPN App.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IF I got ESPN+, could I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU without a cable or satellite contract? Am considering dropping Dish and getting Hulu+ or some other streaming service.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    IF I got ESPN+, could I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU without a cable or satellite contract? Am considering dropping Dish and getting Hulu+ or some other streaming service.
    I believe you would need to have one of those streaming services to get the standard ESPN content. But I would highly recommend one of them. Hulu Plus it's my current score and we are very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I believe you would need to have one of those streaming services to get the standard ESPN content. But I would highly recommend one of them. Hulu Plus it's my current score and we are very happy with it.

DirecTV Now has been awesome for me, especially now that the NFL Network was added a few days ago.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    DirecTV Now has been awesome for me, especially now that the NFL Network was added a few days ago.

Question CM.....will ESPN Plus be available on DirecTV?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Question CM.....will ESPN Plus be available on DirecTV?
    Based on everything I've read ESPN+ is a completely separate subscription service from anything. Think of it like HBO. You can get it as a premium tier with other services, but you have to pay extra for it. ESPN3 was included in plans with ESPN but ESPN+ is only available if you pay the $5 monthly fee.

Based on everything I've read ESPN+ is a completely separate subscription service from anything. Think of it like HBO. You can get it as a premium tier with other services, but you have to pay extra for it. ESPN3 was included in plans with ESPN but ESPN+ is only available if you pay the $5 monthly fee.
    Ok.....let me put it this way. If I pay the extra $5 to DirecTV will I be able to get ESPN Plus on DirecTV?

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Ok.....let me put it this way. If I pay the extra $5 to DirecTV will I be able to get ESPN Plus on DirecTV?
    I assume you'll use a separate app on your streaming device to access the ESPN+ content. It's all streaming so I would be surprised if it's part of your cable on demand package. I haven't looked into that though because I no longer have a cable or satellite package.

I assume you'll use a separate app on your streaming device to access the ESPN+ content. It's all streaming so I would be surprised if it's part of your cable on demand package. I haven't looked into that though because I no longer have a cable or satellite package.

Ok, thanks Indy. You see I don't understand all the talk about streaming, apps, mobile devices etc. So if I can pay for it on demand that will work fine for me as all I have is the Dish and box provided by DirecTV.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Ok, thanks Indy. You see I don't understand all the talk about streaming, apps, mobile devices etc. So if I can pay for it on demand that will work fine for me as all I have is the Dish and box provided by DirecTV.
    Looked through a couple web sites and it appears to only be available through streaming. You will either need a smart TV that has the app or a device like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV. You can also get the app on your phone, iPad, laptop, etc. and watch there. There are ways to connect those devices too many TVs.

Streaming services are definitely the direction of broadcast TV. I would recommend at least dipping your toe into it because eventually it may be your only choice. Good luck!