Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My Roku showed up yesterday while I was in Fargo. Didnt have any problem setting it up. When the AT game comes on we will see if I did it correctly.

Question when using ESPN+ do they have a list of programs instead of the icons you have to scroll through to find the game you want to watch?
    It will still be a bunch of icons you scroll through. Pretty much how all the user interfaces on streaming devices work.

If you create and link an ESPN account, you can select favorite teams. Then you can more quickly find any available videos. This morning however this showed no content available for NDSU football, but scrolling through the replays the Cal Poly game was there, so it must have some issues.

Seems to be a lot of dysfunctional links on ESPN+. Had to try over-and-over-again to get the replay link to work. Took me till the 2nd QTR to get into the Bison game yesterday. Seems unreliable to me, unstable. Maybe it will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It will still be a bunch of icons you scroll through. Pretty much how all the user interfaces on streaming devices work.

If you create and link an ESPN account, you can select favorite teams. Then you can more quickly find any available videos. This morning however this showed no content available for NDSU football, but scrolling through the replays the Cal Poly game was there, so it must have some issues.
    When I tried to access espn+ for the AT game it asked for the access code. After entering the code it activated Roku. Do I have to do that all the time or was this a one time thing with ESPN?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My Roku showed up yesterday while I was in Fargo. Didnt have any problem setting it up. When the AT game comes on we will see if I did it correctly.

Question when using ESPN+ do they have a list of programs instead of the icons you have to scroll through to find the game you want to watch?
    It was better when it was just ESPN3. You could just click on the college football icon and scroll through the list of live and replay games, now it's just a cluster**** of icons and half the time I don't even know if I'm watching ESPN+ or ESPN3 or whatever 90% of the crap is...this is on Apple tv BTW, but sounds like it's the same on Roku and other devices. It's a shit show right now, I'm assuming it will get better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    Seems to be a lot of dysfunctional links on ESPN+. Had to try over-and-over-again to get the replay link to work. Took me till the 2nd QTR to get into the Bison game yesterday. Seems unreliable to me, unstable. Maybe it will get better.
    My worked decently well. But i did have some problems when trying to switch games the app would get sluggish and wouldnt respond to input commands from my remote. Hopefully the keep working on the kinks since this was probabaly the first weekend with massive usage of ESPN+

When I tried to access espn+ for the AT game it asked for the access code. After entering the code it activated Roku. Do I have to do that all the time or was this a one time thing with ESPN?
    In my experience with Roku it is a per app basis. some require authentication more than others. and it seems the more often you use the app the less you are required to authenticate. Some i use once a week and i need to reinput the code every week. some have worked for 5 months without needed it. Time will tell how often ESPN requires it

VNL posted the Game on YouTube:

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    VNL posted the Game on YouTube:

And VNL takes the time to edit out commercials and whatnot... hats off to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    And VNL takes the time to edit out commercials and whatnot... hats off to them.
    If only "whatnot" included Timmerman.

So in the ESPN app on Android if you search for North Dakota State it doesn't show any on demand replays available. If you hit the schedule icon and look for replays on Sat the 1st and filter for football, it is shown in the list and will play the video. Filtering by network to ESPN+ says there are no results even though there are many listed as ESPN+ in the list without filtering.

So ESPN playbacks are still buggy as far as finding them through their app. If you can wait for the KVLY YouTube account to post them, they are better anyway since they cut out commercials and are always available and don't expire off the site.

Just thought I'd post my experience in case anyone else has difficulty looking for a replay on ESPN. Hopefully they fix these bugs in the near future.