Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Espn+

Default Re: Espn+

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yes it is very clear they will coexist at least for now. I think ESPN is trying to figure out how not to hose the internet service providers paying them to provide ESPN3.
    ESPN stops charging providers for ESPN3 access, providers cut costs in the range of what they were charging for ESPN, directly subscribe to ESPNs service. Profit.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ESPN stops charging providers for ESPN3 access, providers cut costs in the range of what they were charging for ESPN, directly subscribe to ESPNs service. Profit.
    100% agree but have not heard that ESPN has been willing to go down this road yet.......

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yes it is very clear they will coexist at least for now. I think ESPN is trying to figure out how not to hose the internet service providers paying them to provide ESPN3.
    So are they just moving all the live games (and their replays) that are only accessible via ESPN3 over to ESPN+ and everything else stays the same? I'm a cord cutter and ESPN3 is the only way I can watch all the ESPN channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    So are they just moving all the live games (and their replays) that are only accessible via ESPN3 over to ESPN+ and everything else stays the same? I'm a cord cutter and ESPN3 is the only way I can watch all the ESPN channels.
    Basically, my understanding is ESPN+ is going to work just like ESPN3, except, no access through services like sling, etc. Need to use watch espn app. Some live games are going to ESPN+ and some are staying on ESPN3. I am not sure if ESPN+ replays will be on ESPN3 and visa versa.

Was not sure what you meant about ESPN3 being your way to watch all ESPN channels. To get all the ESPN channels, you need cable, satellite, or a streaming service like Sling, Vue, etc. Maybe you meant watch ESPN app?

Haven’t seen anyone post this- if it has been sorry

Got this e-mail earlier this week

We have great news! ESPN Insider is merging with ESPN+.

What does this mean?
    ESPN+ is the new multi-sport, video streaming service from ESPN. In the next few weeks, Insider content will be integrated into ESPN+. So, you'll continue to receive the same Insider coverage you're used to, plus live sports and exclusive originals--all at no extra cost!

What you'll continue to enjoy:
    Insider's premium content from experts like Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Keith Law and others!
    Tools to get an edge in your fantasy sports leagues, and Tournament Challenge brackets.
    Continued delivery of ESPN The Magazine as a part of your subscription.
    Your subscription will automatically become ESPN+ in the next few weeks and you will be renewed at next billing as an ESPN+ subscriber. See ESPN+ Subscriber Agreement for full details.
    I have been paying $5 per month for ESPN Insider - did not want their magazine but do enjoy their columnists & draft info etc. Used to get Baseballamerica and Sporting News and the Star/Trib paper but cut back to this.
    I do like ESPN Insider but color me skeptical the price remains the same for long with this additional streaming service added on......

So what happened to ESPN extra that was on DirectTV channels 690+ That showed a ton of FCS games???????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So what happened to ESPN extra that was on DirectTV channels 690+ That showed a ton of FCS games???????
    Sounds like the killed it. I thought they would keep it since it was a satellite based system as opposed to a streaming based system.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Long live Anish.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sounds like the killed it. I thought they would keep it since it was a satellite based system as opposed to a streaming based system.
    Yeah, this sucks. Loved being able to walk into a sports bar here in Texas and be able to watch the NDSU game that weekend. Fat chance that’ll be the case this year.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Guess it's gone and that sucks for me. Was easy to pay for that package and watch on TV when I wasn't busy with hunters. Now I have to figure out this Smart TV/Modem/Internet/Streaming/Wi Fi........the F^^^king list is endless!! I thought all this technology was supposed to make things easier....just confuses the shit out of this cowboy!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!